Would a Girl find this creepy or stalkeresque?

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

FrankiDelano
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Mar 2013, 3:59 pm

I've been thinking about texting a girl whom haven't seen since my fall semester of school and I haven't texted in a month. If any of you were wondering yes it is the girl I have talked on my former posts. Asking specifically to women and younger girls would you think it strange or creepy if a guy your friends with texts you asking either how your day was, how your doing etc. This has just been driving me insane I feel as though for the first time I have met someone I can truly connect with and it would scare me if that ended, I would be fine even if she didn't become my girlfriend and I just want her to be a good friend. Also any advice on what I should say in the text if I decide to message her?

mercifullyfree
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Mar 2013, 4:23 pm

I wouldn't think it's creepy at all, but I can't speak for other women.

aspiesandra27
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2013, 4:29 pm

Unless you had a fallout, or she specifically told you not to contact her, I don't see why it would be creepy? I don't even see any logic in you asking the question?

What's the story behind it?

FrankiDelano
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Mar 2013, 4:34 pm

aspiesandra27 wrote:
Unless you had a fallout, or she specifically told you not to contact her, I don't see why it would be creepy? I don't even see any logic in you asking the question?

What's the story behind it?

Ok so I met her in my english class last semester, and we would talk every morning, and we became friends. We didn't hang out afterschool cause she had work most of the time, and I had another class immediately after english. Then after our classes end we don't have anymore together. In Feburary I, for the first time, texted her and we had a conversation that for some unknown reason ended with her not responding. I have tried to text her back and she didn't respond, and I am afraid that she might not like me or might not want to talk to me.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2013, 4:57 pm

Text: "How's it going?"

If she doesn't respond, you have your answer.......

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2013, 6:01 pm

I can't really figure out from your story in both your posts what could have creeped her out. I don't think she has any right to call you a creep for just dropping her a line and asking her how things go just once now. After that, she would probably expect you to take the hint.

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2013, 7:31 pm

It doesn't sound creepy but if she doesn't respond after two short greeting texts, she probably doesn't want a relationship.

g2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Mar 2013, 8:28 pm

Not in the slightest. If she doesn't respond though, drop it. Try to make all your texts with open ended questions, or something interesting she will want to respond to.

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2013, 9:11 pm

I actually wondered something similar a couple months ago. There was a girl I met briefly when I was a senior in high school that I liked, and I basically asked her out, and she rejected me flatly, but without contempt or malice, and she treated me about the same afterwards. Usually rejections from girls hurt, but hers was so simple and straightforward and she didn't act like I was a freak afterward, so it didn't hurt. I kept hanging around her and making really dumb jokes afterwards because I thought it was strange and wonderful to be rejected so often (she always thought my jokes were stupid) without it hurting. I think she understood that I understood that I was rejected and didn't expect anything she wasn't already giving me. Anyway I found out from a friend that she is studying physics in a university out of state, like me, and I thought it would be fun to contact her again. I wasn't sure what to say, other than that I still liked her and would like to chat, even though I would still accept the rejection. I decided not to do it. I was afraid if I contacted her out of the blue several years later that she would think I had been stalking her the whole time and hadn't moved on.

FrankiDelano
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Mar 2013, 11:53 pm

I guess it wasn't meant to be...
I just wish it didn't have to end this way. I always fail at this kind of thing every time I get close to the starting the line it moves farther and farther away. I thought this was gonna finally be the first shot I got at romance, but I was wrong again. I don't mean to mope I just can't understand why things seem to go wrong when I ever try to make myself happy. I Will have to get over this and move on. But I have had a lot of horrible things happen to me, I've been hurt in a way almost no one can understand by someone I love very much and am very close to. I mean is there an actual end for those of us who have to suffer through life or do we get or chance at the same happiness as everyone else?

mercifullyfree
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Mar 2013, 8:23 am

*hug*

I really wish I knew how to get over things myself, then I would have advice to give. :(

aspiesandra27
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2013, 10:55 am

FrankiDelano wrote:
I guess it wasn't meant to be...
I just wish it didn't have to end this way. I always fail at this kind of thing every time I get close to the starting the line it moves farther and farther away. I thought this was gonna finally be the first shot I got at romance, but I was wrong again. I don't mean to mope I just can't understand why things seem to go wrong when I ever try to make myself happy. I Will have to get over this and move on. But I have had a lot of horrible things happen to me, I've been hurt in a way almost no one can understand by someone I love very much and am very close to. I mean is there an actual end for those of us who have to suffer through life or do we get or chance at the same happiness as everyone else?

Awwww Don't feel bad. ((((((( Franki ))))))))

Seriously, don't let it get to you. When I did my acting course, we learnt a valuable lesson. Rejection. You will never have as many rejections in your life, as when you are an actor. You just learn that some roles are for you, and some aren't. Some people will love you, and some people will hate you. Never, *ever* take it personally. Once you do meet that special person, or someone who will truly connect with you, you will value it much more than if you had had the run of the mill on tap. :wink:

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2013, 11:07 am

I wouldnt think of it as creepy. although i would provide a context like

'hey, what's up? :) I really haven't spoken to you in a long time already'

aspiesandra27
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2013, 11:13 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
I wouldnt think of it as creepy. although i would provide a context like

'hey, what's up? :) I really haven't spoken to you in a long time already'

No disrespect, but if someone sent me a text like that, I would delete, or ignore them. It's not exactly asking anything remotely captivating, is it? "What's up"? If she isn't all that interested, this is going to spark her neurons, is it?

fueledbycoffee
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2013, 11:28 am

Just text her with "Hey, it's [name]. Been a while, how've you been?". If she hits you back, then see if she wants to get together, grab some coffee or lunch, something nonthreatening.

Creepy is when you text her repeatedly,even if you get no response, or show up at her place without an invitation, or find out on case search that she has been arrested for assault and show up at her hearing. That's creepy. Checking in is not.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2013, 11:28 am

Well, if someone texted me after a half year just saying 'what's up?' or (worse) 'how are you?', I would be a bit like uuuhmm, okay. That's been long ago.
I would never just ask 'how are you?' out of the blue...