Anyone else see this new Change.org petition?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

dajand8
Raven
Raven

22 Mar 2013, 5:43 pm

Remove all New York students from the Judge Rotenberg Center

Started by: Cheryl, Brooklyn, New York

The Judge Rotenberg Center in Canton, Massachusetts tortures children and adults with disabilities and calls it treatment. Any students from New York City should be removed once and for all.

I enrolled my son Andre at the Judge Rotenberg Center thinking he would be loved and taken care of. Instead, the staff at JRC tied him to a board and shocked him for 7 hours because he refused to take off his coat. He screamed for help the entire time. When I arrived to see him, he was in a comatose state and was transferred to the hospital where he was diagnosed with catatonia post traumatic stress disorder. He has never completely recovered from it.

This is happening to other students with severe disabilities. The JRC is the only place in the world that specializes in delivering extreme pain as a behavioral treatment for autistic individuals and delinquent youths, and non-painful methods exist elsewhere in the world for the same type of student population. This is an inhumane practice that the United Nations considers torture.

New York City Department of Education Chancellor Dennis M. Walcott should remove all New York students from JRC immediately.

Chloe33
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2013, 1:50 am

Hello Cheryl,

The Judge Rotenberg Center is known for using torture techniques on children and has already been reported to the United Nations for doing so.
If you live in Brooklyn, NY, why did you enroll your son in that place in Massachusetts, why not try your local area first? Also did you research the Judge Rottenberg Center before sending your son there?

Wikipedia has a huge amount of info about what horrible things they do to disabled children there Heres the LINK:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Rote ... nal_Center

This school is obviously a place of torture, who destroyed evidence of students being shocked on videotape prior to trial.

Cheryl, i wish you luck in trying to find help for you son, i know there are a lot of resources available in NYC and surrounding area i used to live there.
Can you join a class action lawsuit or start one against the Rotenberg Center?
It sounds like that horrible place caused Andres catatonia PTSD.

Did someone suggest this Rotenberg place to you to send Andre to?

Urist
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Mar 2013, 4:38 am

I don't really know much about this centre, never even heard of it until now, but it's as simple as a Google search to find a list of controversies. No disrespect intended, but it would have been easy to learn that they did this before sending children there. I really hope they get closed down or significantly altered within the next few years, because everything they do comes across as sadism, pure and simple.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2013, 9:08 am

Quote:
catatonia post traumatic stress disorder

That's not a diagnosis. Do you mean catatonia and post traumatic stress disorder, as a dual diagnosis?

Marc420
Raven
Raven

23 Mar 2013, 9:30 am

Ettina wrote:
Quote:
catatonia post traumatic stress disorder

That's not a diagnosis. Do you mean catatonia and post traumatic stress disorder, as a dual diagnosis?

Most probably catatonia because of PTSD.

Help an Aspie become independent
http://www.gofundme.com/ft2o2w

Kuribo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Mar 2013, 10:33 am

Urist wrote:
I don't really know much about this centre, never even heard of it until now, but it's as simple as a Google search to find a list of controversies. No disrespect intended, but it would have been easy to learn that they did this before sending children there. I really hope they get closed down or significantly altered within the next few years, because everything they do comes across as sadism, pure and simple.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the UN have been informed, although, so far, they haven't done anything about that hellhole.

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2013, 3:12 pm

Quote:
The JRC is the only place in the world that specializes in delivering extreme pain as a behavioral treatment for autistic individuals and delinquent youths

JRC may be the only one to use electro-shock and may be the worst however I can tell you for a fact their not the only one to use extreme pain to try to fix the people in their care.

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2013, 3:26 pm

WTF? This is happening right here in the USA, and THEY ALLOW IT? They need to close the school, and jail everyone who works there for life!