do you enjoy being around other aspies

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2013, 6:06 pm

In internet, this is the only place i have been so far, and it feels like a good place so far.

In real life, i do not know who is aspie, and nobody knows i am aspie, so i have no idea. :?

Cuckooflower
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Mar 2013, 10:21 pm

Yes and no.

It is important to remember that just because someone has an attractively stimulating intellect (as plenty of Aspies do) it does not mean they have normal adult emotional development or are nice people.

I had to learn this the hard way a few times over.

That's just one issue.

Again, I'd say it's a yes and no thing. I've never been to one of these Autism meet-up thingys, I'm just thinking of Aspies I've met in my life in various different ways.

briankelley
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 8:07 am

I went to private schools with mainly autie/aspie kids and was considerably more in sync with them than the "normal" kids in my neighborhood, that's for sure. These days I'd like to have an aspie friend. I'd also like to mentor an aspie kid.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 5:18 pm

to be honest i dont really know any aspies or autistic people. my husband is adhd but is close to being aspie in fact i think he has a tiny bit of aspergers syndrome. he gets obsessions with certain things, where its beyond just a casual interest what anybody could have. but maybe thats to do with having adhd, i wouldnt know because i dont have adhd at all. i cant find a lot about adhd in 50-year-old men, it usually just say about adhd in children ot teenagers or young adults or girls. sometimes its hard to imagine a man in his 50s with adhd but if you was to meet him you will know he has adhd straight away, he is that hyper. i also find him unique, which is why i love him, and although we seem like oposite to each other, we get on so well.