Things only YOU find annoying around you

Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 1:31 am

That commercial for Quietus that played the buzzing noise on the TV or Radio. Most people shrugged it off but I was scrambling for the mute button or volume.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 5:54 am

When the traffic lights take too long to go onto green

Greb
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 6:03 am

People who are clearly not clever or informed enough to debate about some subjects, but keep giving useless opinions and wasting others time.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 6:54 am

I also hate when horns blow-disturbs me

Sniv
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Mar 2013, 7:42 am

Eating sounds
White noise generators (hair dryers, hoovers etc)
Heavy noisy breathing (currently someone next to me doing that and its a constant irritation, he must have a bit of cold)

Friends telling me EVERYTHING IS IN MY HEAD, THAT'S LIFE, GET OVER IT
People telling me to NOT GET STRESSED, thus making me more stressed because I can't stop it

Drivers with poor lane discipline or signalling

Anything that does not "just work"
Cables (but I hate wireless as it often doesn't "just work" ;) )

People talking over something I'm trying to listen too
People interrupting me :P

And many, many more....

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 12:21 pm

Weird high-pitched noises I hear sometimes. I don't think they're mosquito tones because I'm too old for that. I think it's some type of machinery. I especially hear it in the grocery store near the seafood counter. Maybe it's the wailing of captive lobsters. :lol:

Nobody else seems to notice but I can't help but wince.

dand
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Mar 2013, 1:06 pm

01 When I make a plan with my day or week and people want to change it. I can't change a plan it doesn't compute.

02 When people who aren't close friends buy me presents for Birthdays/Christmas and I havn't bought them anything because I don't mind not getting gifts from them, why should they mind not getting anything from me? I know this isn't normal thinking,

03 When someone gives advise or an order without explaining the logic behind the intent.

04 When I have a work colleague, stranger, or non close friend in my house, and relaxed on my sofa. Very unnerving, they are in my private space.

I could go on with many more that cause constant anxiety and ultimate depression but I've said enough :P

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 1:14 pm

Crooked signs, corrosion of or paint worn off of surfaces (yet, in some respects it's rather aesthetically pleasing - in that urban decay chic sort of way. I just don't like it on stuff I want to look nice), the sound of noodles being stirred - sounds like someone's being disemboweled, things not matching (that one computer that is different from the rest in the office, the machines whose color doesn't match the others, etc.) and things not being where they should be, in a nice, hyper-organized manner.

asp123
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Mar 2013, 1:22 pm

I DONT like when People cough, sneeze and sniffle. It really hurtful to my ears! And I like my ears too much to distroy them :P

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 2:56 pm

dand wrote:
01 When I make a plan with my day or week and people want to change it. I can't change a plan it doesn't compute.

02 When people who aren't close friends buy me presents for Birthdays/Christmas and I havn't bought them anything because I don't mind not getting gifts from them, why should they mind not getting anything from me? I know this isn't normal thinking,

Those things get me too. Especially the 2nd one. My ex-MIL used to buy cheap, icky bottles of cologne just so she'd have a "present" for somebody if an occasion came up. I'd rather do without than get something useless with no thought put into it.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 3:03 pm

- People chewing with their mouths open.

- People constantly sniffling.

- People who use tears as leverage.

- Parents who let their kids misbehave in public, and then make me out to be a bad guy when I complain about it.

- People who try to use the mere existence of their beliefs as the sole basis for claiming that their beliefs are valid.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 5:44 pm

Shops that have that awful screaming music so you end up having to leave that paticular shop to get away from the noise. :x

People who sneeze without covering their nose or using a hanky.

looking for something in a shop and they have everything else but the one YOU want. :evil:

People who aren't even doctors who think they know whats wrong with you. :roll:

People who stand right where you want to go to look at something.

People who blow their nose noisily when you're trying to eat. :evil:

bizboy1
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 6:22 pm

Nothing bothers me except reality/existing. I feel like I had a lobotomy since I started taking meds.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 7:26 pm

People, period.

Unnecessary noise started by my family, and continued by the dogs (they get them to bark and howl needlessly, then complain when they do it on their own for an hour straight afterward), this happened today and I almost lost my temper with them. I wanted so badly to tell them all to "shut up".

a few others that I can't think of at the moment.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 2:33 pm

Unnecessary noise....yes. I love peace and quiet more than anything in the world. My parents are always, always making noise or laughing about something when I'm trying to have some time alone and while I love my parents, it just bugs me. Our house is small...I get jealous of my friends whose parents have bigger houses...at least they can go and truly be alone for a while.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

Violetvee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Mar 2013, 4:45 pm

I really don't like loud noises, especially when I'm in a car. Unfortunately no one else cars when I ask to turn it down.

Trying on clothes.

Crowds. I can't stand crowds. Not in an enclosed space, anyways.

Also when you put a disc in and it won't read no matter what you do, that bugs me too, especially since I'm a gamer at heart.

There are probably a few other things, but these are kinda the big ones.