Page 8 of 11 [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Do you think Asperger's affects music taste?
yes 61%  61%  [ 119 ]
no 39%  39%  [ 75 ]
Total votes : 194

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2016, 12:27 pm

I now like to listen to historical German music from the Early 20th Century. I try not to tell too many people because I know how they're going to respond. I particularly like the stuff from the 30s and 40s. I also like to listen to sleep and meditation music.

muffinhead
Toucan
Toucan

22 Aug 2016, 2:57 pm

I like some music that is less than popular nowadays, but I doubt that Aspergers has much to do with that.

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2016, 6:41 pm

felinesaresuperior wrote:
I'm not sure, except i like sad music.

I do too. I think it sounds beautiful. I also like the vamping and alternating that's in some sad songs too.

SEK93
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Aug 2016, 8:57 pm

The thing I've come to realize is that music is music. It doesn't matter how others feel about it. Don't worry about how others may feel about it as long as it makes you happy.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 4:30 pm

I listen to metal mostly, then there is psychedelic rock both old stuff like from the 60's or neo-psycedelia(I think is what the newer stuff is categorized as), industrial, trippy electronic music, psychobilly, post punk, have heard hardcore punk I like and probably music in other genres I am not sure the names of.

I dislike a lot of mainstream top 40 type stuff, so to some people that is weird...but I think I have a pretty well rounded, varied taste in music. Though metal is the one I am mostly attached to obviously as far as subculture, but lots of metalheads listen to music outside of metal.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 5:46 pm

darkphantomx1 wrote:
I enjoy listening to bluegrass screamo much to the dismay of my Grandpa who is a banjo player.

When i'm home I practise my screaming skills so I can join a screamo band. My parents are always like wtf is this kid doing?

"bluegrass screamo"????????????????

Heard of "folk metal".

And have heard of "emo", and of "screamo".

Have even heard of "hipalachian" (bluegrass and hip-hop).

But this is the first time I have ever heard of "bluegrass screamo".

Is that an actual "thing"? Are there bands in that genre?

XeroFur
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Sep 2016, 3:36 am

Well, I listen to a lot of Alternative Rock/Metal, and a little bit of Nu-metal, I don't think there's anything weird about that, except maybe the "Nu-Metal" part. :mrgreen:

b9
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 6:21 am

if you don't press stop at the end you'll get all the stuff.
some of it i composed and most of it i did not. what f****n ever.
i did play it all though.

http://www.soundclick.com/html5/v3/play ... 12566&q=hi

Fraser_1990
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jan 2017, 6:34 am

I listen to electronic trance 1995 to early millenium. I'm the only person I know who listens to or actually likes this stuff.

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jan 2017, 8:01 am

Most people deem the music I'm used to listen to as weird. Anyway I like to think of myself as an eclectic person. I listen from pop to very experimental music and disregard most the stuff playing on the radio these days.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 9:31 am

Maybe the weirdest thing about my music collection is how it is organized. I've got jazz, blues, fast, slow, new age and folk, plus a big section that draws from all of them called "message" because the lyrics have something to say. I really don't like the way robots try to classify things for me. The only recent additions are either from Song around the World or include hang drums. Ever since music stopped the Vietnam war, it has been censored. I've yet to hear a single protest song about the New Orleans Flood, despite all the displaced musicians.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 10:59 am

Indian raga music (sitars and tablas) is probably the oddest thing that I like.

My record collection ranges from the oddball to the mainstream, and includes many points in between.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 10:37 am

I like Serbian folk music, even though I'm not Serbian.

I like 1950s and 1960s classic rock, despite being born in 1964.

Most people my age don't like Classical music, although I love it, especially Italian composers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 11:18 am

I was born in 1961, and I am absolutely steeped in 60's and 70's music. It's the soundtrack of my life, really.

As the years progress, my sentimentality pertaining to music decreases accordingly. I like some later stuff, but most of it doesn't produce the "feeling" which 60's and 70's music produce.

I like classical. I used to write to it sometimes.

What's "weird," perhaps, is that I enjoy the TOP 40 60's and 70's music very much. Aspies/autistic are "supposed" to have weird tastes in music. I used to listen to the Top 100 at the end of any year in the 60s and early 70s avidly.

liveandrew
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jan 2017, 12:08 pm

I was into punk in the late 70s, metal in the 80s, worked in music shops in the 90s, ran a punk/hardcore distro in the early 00s. Nowadays, I like mostly instrumental music, so drone, post-rock, post-metal, experimental noise, jazz, classical are my thing.

If I do listen to music with vocals it's more about the sound of the voice (almost as an instrument) than the lyrics. I love trad folk, opera, hardcore punk because of how the voice is used as well as the music behind it.

If anyone's interested, most of my collection can be found here.

EDIT: CockneyRebel will be pleased to know that I have several Kinks recordings in my collection :)

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 46 of 200

Listener of all things noisy, viewer of all things bloody, writer of all things sh*t.

muffinhead
Toucan
Toucan

12 Jan 2017, 1:46 pm

liveandrew wrote:
If I do listen to music with vocals it's more about the sound of the voice (almost as an instrument) than the lyrics. I love trad folk, opera, hardcore punk because of how the voice is used as well as the music behind it.

You would love shoegaze, then (if you don't already already)