Gifford's unregulated assault dog murders baby sea lion

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

27 Mar 2013, 5:31 pm

My point was to parallel "dog control" with gun control. A dog is a lot like gun in the sense that an aggressive and dangerous dog is usually reflective on the owner of the dog much in the same sense that guns don't kill people, people kill people. It's not the dog or the gun that is the real problem here. Obviously they're not 100% the same but I consider it a fair comparison, gun grabbers like Mark Kelly should live by the same standard in all facets of their lives. Not only can't Mark Kelly handle his dog, he wants to own a gun that he wants other people to be restricted from having. He's the embodiment of an elitist.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 9:50 pm

I have an "assault dog", too.
:D
[img][800:768]http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc328/30CalM1/IMG_0236.jpg[/img]

The protectionists are against people having real dogs just as they are against people owning guns.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 4:30 pm

I've seen pit bulls that you were in danger of being licked to death.
The owners that don't control their dogs are the real menace.
A US Marshall told me the dogs that bit him the most were daushaunds. :lol:
Many idiots make their dogs mean by teasing them and encouraging bad behavior,it's the owners fault.But a dog that attacks a person unprovoked should be put down but not one that bites a burglar.The dog was just protecting his family and territory.
And Petey from Our Gang was a pit bull terrier.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 4:54 pm

This could have been prevented if the baby sea lion's sea lion parents had the foresight to purchase an assault dog of their own. Tsk tsk

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 5:21 pm

Misslizard wrote:
A US Marshall told me the dogs that bit him the most were daushaunds. :lol:

I would have thought Cocker Spaniels.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 8:35 pm

Cockers are suppose to be bad about nipping.
We had weinee dogs for years,ours did try to bite strangers pretty regularly.
And they did try and bite the Marshall that showed up here( looking for neighbor had two passports,they wondered why :lol: )The Marshall said he'd never been bit by a Doberman,pit bull,or Shepard but dauchunds had nailed him more than once.But they are hunting dogs,bred to go after badgers in their den so they are pretty brave.Ours attacked a stray pit bull that showed up in the yard,they were both fighting and I'm sure it would have went badly for them till my ex popped the pit with a bullet.Whoever threw that dog out to starve really deserved the bullet.
One day my ex came in the house and his neck was bleeding,I asked what happened and he said that Bluto had bit him.Huh?I visualized the dog hurtling thru the air and attaching to my husband's throat :lol: What happened was my son had been naughty and my ex had bent him over his knee to paddle him.Bluto was not going to allow that,when he heard the first squeal he jumped up and went for the throat!!But you could not punish a dog for trying to protect a child.If a stranger had tried to harm that kid that little dog would have done all he could to protect my son.And they were excellent ratters and varmint dogs.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2013, 4:36 am

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/26/ga ... a-lion-on/
A slightly less biased view of the incident, from Fox news no less.