Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

keira
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 5:11 pm

Mine are good, I think. I see my dentist once or twice a year and she rarely finds any cavities.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 4:58 pm

I have some teeth related problems recently, I used to experience pain of my teeth - at first I got my wisdom tooth pulled out and afterwards I got a dry socket (luckily, it was not painful too much, the pain was very mild, nothing like described by those who had it too, on the net) and today I started to feel a bad pain again, when touching my other tooth (the same side of my face so I thought it was the pain of my wisdom tooth radiating) so I instantly washed my hair, got dressed quickly and went to my dentist close to me to ask for a fast appointment as an emergency. He drilled a hole in it and now I feel well. The nerve was already dead.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 5:10 pm

theshawngorton wrote:
My teeth are horrid. They're all yellow and have some kind of plaquey build up towards the top!

please take care of them before they fall out. dentures are not fun at all!

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 5:10 pm

I really should see a dentist. The last one I saw, about 20 years ago, didn't mind how my teeth looked. They're a bit on the yellow side so I can definitely use some whitening. I don't know if Medicaid pays for that.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 6:12 pm

Really good teeth.A few fillings in the back from childhood candy.The dentists says maybe one day he will have to do something to them,he says this wishfully. 8O I did have wisdom teeth problems.Still have two,one should be removed,it's coming in sideways but it doesn't hurt.The other is still in the gum.My son inherited the good teeth,the dentist said his are perfect,not one cavity.My daughter has inherited her dad's bad teeth,cavity prone.She was crying about it,she said it wasn't fair her brother got the good teeth.
I had fluoridated water as a kid so thought that may have something to do with it,but my son did not,just spring water.
I've heard that removing the old fillings can be worse at releasing the bad stuff than if you just left them in there.I'm not going to worry about it at my age.
Medicaid won't pay for whitening,but you can get a cleaning.The newer whitening toothpastes and the mouthwashes do help.I use them,it's not as dramatic as the strips but it helps.They have the same ingredient,hydrogen peroxide,as the strips.My son got a kit from the dentist,it made a big difference.You put the gel in a custom mold that fits your teeth and leave it in for hours.He said it sort of burned and his gums were sore for the next day or two.It may be really painful if you have sensitive teeth.

alpineglow
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 9:20 pm

^
I wonder if you have such good teeth from eating all those fresh vegies misslizard. :)

Anyway, mine are in an unknown state, as I haven't had a check-up for, lets see, 22 years. I am not comfortable with sharp instruments, bright lights shining in my face, and definitely mot drills.

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 1:08 am

My teeth are very crooked yet cavities have never really been an issue, overall I have good teeth and can't complain about the quality.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 1:50 am

My teeth are very strong. I once went about 6 months - 1 year without brushing and only got 2 small cavities.

I have only been brushing once a day and was cavity-free at my last dental appointment (which was last month).