Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2013, 8:01 pm

I didn't know which category to post this in. I'm learning to write in Arabic. Has anyone found a website where I can purchase marker pens that are specifically made for this? I've been using calligraphy pens that are meant for Latin alphabets, and I'm tired of them. Also, I don't want to use the sort of pens that I have to dip in ink.

AspieWolf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2013, 8:37 pm

I use the Speedball Elegant Writer pens made by Hunt Mfg. Statesville,NC. They are felt tip pens of various widths, but I don't know if they still make them or not, since mine are rather old.

Some of us just have a little more madness than others!

AliceInAspieland
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Apr 2013, 3:42 am

Here's a link to the calligraphy pen I have. I think this is "Latin alphabet" calligraphy pen you've mentioned.

http://notemaker.com.au/products/kaweco ... -set-black

I know you said you wanted a marker pen. But have you considered using a brush similar to the ones used for Chinese calligraphy?

Something like this...will give you the fluidity needed for curved letters and it can be filled with ink like a fountain pen. It might not be useful if you were planning on doing smaller lettering.

http://www.blueheronarts.com/product_in ... c8a866718a

Hopefully this was somewhat helpful.

Please post some photos of your calligraphy if you aren't too shy, when you do some you think is nice enough. I would enjoy seeing it.

Steady hand!