Replacing Autistic/Asperger traits with OCD traits

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

aquatiger1987
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Apr 2013, 5:45 pm

I'm only talking about those who are part of the Autism spectrum who also have OCD... like myself

I have managed to replace my lack of fear with my OCD trait of wanting to survive, which I figure is better for surviving, considering that I out rode a fast train from a mile away one time with only 1-2 seconds to spare (on my bicycle).

Problem is.... that now I don't want to get on a plane without the planes having: an ejection parachute system with an oxygen supply, automatic blow-up dingy, food supply (honey & rain capturing device), suit for extreme cold, tracking device. And I keep on double/triple checking when going across streets, and checking that the element on the stove is turned off after using it (even though I always turn it off... ughh, ridiculous).

Anyways, I think it's better to have OCD on surviving then to get myself killed with a lack of fear.... right?

This is something I am just starting to work on, but I think I can replace some repetitive behaviors by replacing them with OCD of wanting to look at new things, wanting randomness & chaos by using dice or a random number system to help with randomness/chaos. But what I want to make sure of, so that it doesn't get out of hand, is to have relaxed/controlled days as well, which I could figure out with the dice/random number system... tada.

I'll give you an example, I keep on going to the same bar over and over again, playing the same 2 games over and over again. But I'm hoping to create an OCD system of going to different bars in my town by rolling dice or using a random number system.

#3 - Replacing OCD with OCD

I have realized that I seem to be driving myself crazy with my consistency of never doing anything that's supposedly 'wrong' even if it doesn't cause harm to anyone. I think this way of doing things is way too unhealthy, so if I can create this OCD of flipping a coin and randomly decide to do something like skinny dipping based on flipping the coin/rolling dice/etc; if I don't get caught, and it's not going to harm anyone, I don't see the harm of doing it if it's going to make me feel good and more free.

Okay, so I used to hit myself in the temple when getting frustrated, but I seem to have created an OCD of rolling my lips and tongue in an aggressive low grunting frequency (yes, actual grunting), which helps me to not get frustrated and hit my head. Such an OCD... that I can roll my lips and tongue at the same time now, which I couldn't do when I first started doing it.

Not to mention that this OCD has completely matured my voice and fixed my problem that I used to have with my voice being immature for my age. The rolling of my lips and tongue really seems to help with pronunciation as well. I mean, girls used to tell me to not talk, but now my voice sounds much more mature.

This is something I want to figure out, because it really bothers me, but I'm not sure if there's a way to do it. Let's say if someone close to me has someone close to them die, and they get all upset. I don't seem to care and won't even hug them, I figure someone else can hug them or that person should just get on with it and go have fun.

I can build up an OCD of being nice, which I have done in the past, but then I start getting way too overly nice. So anyways, back to the coin flip, I was thinking maybe if I can flip the coin until it lands on the right side (side that means to stop being nice), maybe that'll serve as a reminder to stop being so nice, because being too nice can seriously have it's downfalls and drain your energy completely.

And I don't mean to become all jerk-like to people once the coin is flipped, I think it's better to be more silent, instead of pissing people off. So two choices, either being nice or mostly silent... perhaps there could be more choices as well with dice/etc.

For now though, it seems as if I just have two settings o_O... nice or silent

Also, I can easily have an OCD of selecting which people I want to talk to and which people I don't want to talk, for example, I live in the same house with my mother, and haven't spoken to her in over a year. But if there is someone who I want to communicate with, which seems to be very few people, I can communicate with them.

I think silence can speak a lot louder than words, but anyways....

“Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't Mind.” Dr. Seuss