Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 9:37 am

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 ... -the-note/

Quote:
White House officials say the budget President Obama will unveil next week will included proposed cuts to Medicare (by increasing premiums for wealthier retirees) and Social Security (by reducing annual cost of living increases).

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 9:50 am

ArrantPariah wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/04/budget-battle-ahead-the-note/

Quote:
White House officials say the budget President Obama will unveil next week will included proposed cuts to Medicare (by increasing premiums for wealthier retirees) and Social Security (by reducing annual cost of living increases).

Stop complaining. The economic hens are coming home to roost. The country is going bankrupt. Actually, it is bankrupt. We have a debt that cannot be repaid and at some point we are going to repudiate it. Either that or our great grandchildren will work their entire lives just paying the interest on our foolishness.

ruveyn

Oldout
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 11:18 am

The country is not bankrupt. We just have a serious problem deciding how to slice the pie.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 11:22 am

Oldout wrote:
The country is not bankrupt. We just have a serious problem deciding how to slice the pie.

The problem is not the decision, the problem is WHO is holding the knife.

My deviant art profile

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 12:33 pm

ruveyn wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

Quote:

Stop complaining. The economic hens are coming home to roost. The country is going bankrupt. Actually, it is bankrupt. We have a debt that cannot be repaid and at some point we are going to repudiate it. Either that or our great grandchildren will work their entire lives just paying the interest on our foolishness.

ruveyn

Debt is not a bad thing, as long as its size is managed such that interest payments are not excessive. I doubt the U.S. has ever been debt free. I imagine the same is true for just about every other country. Its unlikely the U.S. or any other country ever will be debt free. If we could just hold the line - get the budget deficit to zero, keep the size of the debt where it is and pay the interest on it, eventually inflation will devalue the debt that we've already accumulated.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 6:16 pm

We'll never agree on what should be done so nothing will get fixed.

PM
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 6:27 pm

That means him, and his corporate masters will get paid more.

Isn't democracy great?

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 6:43 pm

Problem, US budget?

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 10:00 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:

Quote:
White House officials say the budget President Obama will unveil next week will included proposed cuts to Medicare (by increasing premiums for wealthier retirees)

What a tragedy. God forbid a 70 year old millionaire is unable to buy a 3rd cadillac

dionysian
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2013, 10:32 am

Obama is awful. Right wing trash.

ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL
BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2013, 12:15 pm

The US is not going bankrupt...

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2013, 12:32 pm

You must have not got the memo. There is no significant differenc between dms and repubs, except in social issues and rhetoric. They both serve the same money master.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 4:54 am

ruveyn wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

Quote:

ruveyn

Sorry, but its simply weird for me. If you have no money for medical treatment: WHY THE HELL DO YOU STILL HAVE A MILITARY BUDGET? I mean if my family was starving and sick and I couldnt pay the treatment costs for them....the last thing on earth that I would do, was thinking of buying me a weapon with the money I dont have. Or I have the money, then I can support my family. But as long as my family is starving and sick, because of me claiming to have no money, I cant buy other stuff then that that has first priority. And this is not a weapon, as long as my child needs to go to a hospital.

If you were dying because of an infected appendix and your partner would waste your money to buy herself an M16, you would ask if shes crazy.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2013, 5:23 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pg5rnaVT28[/youtube]

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2013, 7:18 pm

Joins? More like the mask just slipped a little.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2013, 9:18 pm

GGPViper wrote:

Problem, US budget?

The biggest problem with our budget is our silly healthcare system. Medicare is a very lucrative bubble for certain people. The money the government spends doesn't just disappear into a hole. Someone is milking it for all it's worth. Our healthcare costs are legalized fraud.