Phantom Hourglass 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Spirit Tracks 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Skyward Sword 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 29

Thatmew
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 1:18 am

Wind Waker. It isn't overrated like OOT, it doesn't hold your hand like Skyward Sword, the plot isn't overly contrived and makes sense, and the music is quite pleasant.

Least favorite is Skyward Sword. Clunky item system, contrived story, ruined by he taked on controls, felt rushed, looked worse than a launch title, they sent the wrong character to the surface with you, the combat was more telegraphed than a telegraph machine, the bosses were jokes outright with the dungeons being overly padded and I could go on for why Skyward Sword spits in the face of 25 years of Zelda.

morslilleole
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 5:36 pm

I haven't played all of the games. But to my it would be hard to beat Ocarina of Time. I love that game, listening to the music now, it's one of the best game soundtracks I know of. And lots of the songs sounds great on harmonica. =D

And yes, I know some of the songs are the same from game to game... But of all I've heard, I prefer the OoT version. And I have lots of childhood memories attached to the game, I guess that colours my opinion a bit.

Thatmew wrote:
Least favorite is Skyward Sword. Clunky item system, contrived story, ruined by he taked on controls, felt rushed, looked worse than a launch title, they sent the wrong character to the surface with you, the combat was more telegraphed than a telegraph machine, the bosses were jokes outright with the dungeons being overly padded and I could go on for why Skyward Sword spits in the face of 25 years of Zelda.

I agree that Skyward Sword is the worst ( at least of the ones I've played. ) I figured the hand holding was just in the begining, but now I almost don't want to play it anymore... But I will finish it before I make a final opinion.

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 6:54 pm

I couldn't get into Skyward Sword either as much as I wanted to(Although it might not have helped that I wasn't in the mood for games at the time since my Mom was in the hospital, my mind was elsewhere and the only reason I got it at launch was I had preordered it months earlier), but I do have to disagree with his complaints about the graphics, That was the best thing about the game, it was an excellent art style for a Zelda game featuring a young adult Link and right in line with somewhere in between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess in graphical style.

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2013, 12:00 pm

So yesterday morning during their latest Nintendo Direct, they announced a new Zelda for 3DS coming out this holiday season. They posted a video on the 3DS eShop as well for those that want to see what the gameplay looks like in 3D. It takes place in the same overworld as Link to the Past but now with top-down 3D graphics and brand new dungeons and an interesting mechanic where Link can turn into a painting on the wall which changes perspective and lets him reach otherwise inaccessible areas. Not sure storywise whether its a prequel or sequel to LttP.

This seems to be a great year for Zelda games, the Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons games are getting released on the 3DS virtual console at the end of May, and this holiday season will see a new Zelda for 3DS and Wind Waker remake for Wii U.

edit: Kotaku has some gameplay videos, and I am so happy to see they have gone back to using the thumbpad and buttons for a top down Zelda game after the annoying controls of Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

http://kotaku.com/this-is-what-a-boss-b ... -476202679

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2013, 12:02 pm

Weird.

Not sure how I feel about the art style, it's very reminiscent of those cheaply made pre-rendered third party games that the GBA suffered from for a while. Would be awesome if they could get Capcom back on board, but I guess big C's been having enough of their own problems lately...

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2013, 9:16 am

eelektrik wrote:
So yesterday morning during their latest Nintendo Direct, they announced a new Zelda for 3DS coming out this holiday season. They posted a video on the 3DS eShop as well for those that want to see what the gameplay looks like in 3D. It takes place in the same overworld as Link to the Past but now with top-down 3D graphics and brand new dungeons and an interesting mechanic where Link can turn into a painting on the wall which changes perspective and lets him reach otherwise inaccessible areas. Not sure storywise whether its a prequel or sequel to LttP.

This seems to be a great year for Zelda games, the Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons games are getting released on the 3DS virtual console at the end of May, and this holiday season will see a new Zelda for 3DS and Wind Waker remake for Wii U.

edit: Kotaku has some gameplay videos, and I am so happy to see they have gone back to using the thumbpad and buttons for a top down Zelda game after the annoying controls of Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

http://kotaku.com/this-is-what-a-boss-b ... -476202679

I'm more interested in where the game will fall into place in the timeline. I can only think of 3 places where it would go: In the before time (pre Ocarina of Time) somehere between that game and Skyward Sword (or even before), The Bad future between the bad ending of Ocarina of Time (assuming Hero of Time Link fails) and Zelda II Adventure of Link or after, and the neutral future between the good ending of OoT (Child Link's victory) and the third coming of Vaati (or most likely after) because Four Swords is listed twice which is confusing. As for the good future between Oot Grown Up Link's victory and Spirit Tracks, I highly doubt there's anything Nintendo can do with that one unless they really plan on placing it after Spirit Tracks. The DS games were part of the good future so one can only guess about the 3DS release.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2013, 3:45 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
I'm more interested in where the game will fall into place in the timeline.

I don't even bother trying to figure out where any of them fit (aside from the ones that are actually connected, like Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass, etc.) When they came out and said "They're all different heroes named Link rescueing different maidens named Zelda.", that was all the explaination I needed.

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2013, 4:45 pm

Couldn't be a prequel to Link to the Past, because that game is the first of it's fork in the timeline split.

Pretty sure they said something about it being a direct sequel. That would put it between LttP and the Oracles.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2013, 6:25 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
I'm more interested in where the game will fall into place in the timeline.

I don't even bother trying to figure out where any of them fit (aside from the ones that are actually connected, like Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass, etc.) When they came out and said "They're all different heroes named Link rescueing different maidens named Zelda.", that was all the explaination I needed.

Well one thing is certain. Those CD-i Zelda titles are Non-Canon in regards to the timeline but what am I saying this for? They were ALWAYS non-canon since they were made outside Nintendo.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.