how you know IF U GOT DEPRESSION AND ASPERGER?

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

bl44d3lf
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Apr 2013, 11:28 am

i mean i might got depression if i dont enjoy anything i got sleeping problems.-
what do you think. well i got sleeping problems and i feel like not doing anything. I GOT NO JOY OR RESONING. what could it be?`

what is asperger". in your mind or sientificly.

what is asperger. and how do you feel its not something else.

maybe if i get depression medicine witch im watiing for doc appoitment it will change my life. IS THERE ANY HOPE?

what do you think. have you ben diagnosed with asperger and something else. COULD YOU TELL ME THE DIFFRENCE?

WHAT IS ASPERGER? well maybe its asperger it self.

I HEAR THAT PEOPLE SAY ASPERGER IS A GIFT. IF THAT IS THE CASE.

MKAYBE I BE FORNUATE WHEN DPERSSION GOES AWAY.

GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHT PLS I NEED THEM:)

InThisTogether
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2013, 11:37 am

Well, if it is Asperger's, it didn't just surface. You would have been having problems to some degree since early childhood. But it is all together possible for a person to have both Aspergers and depression.

Aside from feeling like you have no joy and you can't sleep, what else makes you suspect depression? Do you recall a time in life when you did not feel this way?

bl44d3lf
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Apr 2013, 11:43 am

InThisTogether wrote:
Well, if it is Asperger's, it didn't just surface. You would have been having problems to some degree since early childhood. But it is all together possible for a person to have both Aspergers and depression.

Aside from feeling like you have no joy and you can't sleep, what else makes you suspect depression? Do you recall a time in life when you did not feel this way?

most of my life yes.

memory gaasps. feeling numb. energy overload. energy and such. lost ability to eat at some point.

well i think its a disorder depression i got. since it dident go away.

my childhood is blurry-

feels like i been numb my entire life.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2013, 11:49 am

I am not entirely sure, I am pretty sure I do since i have repeatedly been diagnosed with depression and unless something else accounts for the AS symptoms since childhood I have AS as well, haven't got that officially diagnosed yet though.

But it can be difficult to seperate when its the depression contributing to a struggle or the AS, for instance depression can slow me down mentally but certain environments can also do that due to the AS sensory issues. Then I have anxiety and PTSD which can make it hard to concentrate which can slow me down much like the depression and i think depression can also effect concentration. So as you can see it can get to be a little confusing when you have multiple disorders to know what symptom is from what disorder since they can overlap.

bl44d3lf
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Apr 2013, 1:16 pm

when it comes to people. i cant read their thoughts. i cant anticpiate them. i dont react to things. i dont got feelings . my speech is simple no advnaced thoughts or logic. just like an aspger?

well i dont got any super disadvantages. anyone with this symptoms is an asperger.

why do people call them self asperger? i mean they should call them self nerve diseased people" since they cant enjoy anything.

well give me some insight thanks :(

well i dont see a relationship since i dont got any emotions. overall i dont know how this world funktions. ALL SEEM IN A LALA LAND OR SOME KIND OF s**t. ALL PARENTS DONT TALK. all people are not social.
WE'VE SEEN it all. nothing works. No inovation. No soul. Nothing. rly.

what bothers me of all there is no psykatri class in school so why are there psykatri doktors how do they expect the person to have the ability to go to school.

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2013, 1:31 pm

Please don't oversimplify. You don't have feelings? Aspies aren't robots. Maybe that's depression but it's not Asperger's.

It's hard for me to read your posts. You seem histrionic or something. You don't seem serious and it's hard to judge whether or not you're a troll or attention seeker without being able to see you. Please just see a doctor. It'd be much easier for someone to help you in person. At the very least it would be easier for a doctor who can see you to tell if you are serious or not. I don't even know if you really are serious about what you say.

bl44d3lf
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Apr 2013, 2:47 pm

seaturtleisland wrote:
Please don't oversimplify. You don't have feelings? Aspies aren't robots. Maybe that's depression but it's not Asperger's.

It's hard for me to read your posts. You seem histrionic or something. You don't seem serious and it's hard to judge whether or not you're a troll or attention seeker without being able to see you. Please just see a doctor. It'd be much easier for someone to help you in person. At the very least it would be easier for a doctor who can see you to tell if you are serious or not. I don't even know if you really are serious about what you say.

Its depression then? describe to me your self?

how do u interact do u get enjoyment and feelings.

any1 else wanna tell me something like ....

mb i got some extremly thing of something.

Noetic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2013, 2:49 pm

bl44d3lf wrote:
InThisTogether wrote:

most of my life yes.

memory gaasps. feeling numb. energy overload. energy and such. lost ability to eat at some point.

my childhood is blurry-

None of what you mentioned sounds like autism to me.

bl44d3lf
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Apr 2013, 2:58 pm

Noetic wrote:
bl44d3lf wrote:
InThisTogether wrote:

most of my life yes.

my childhood is blurry-

None of what you mentioned sounds like autism to me.

furtheremore I HAVE BEEN FEELING OUTSIDE OF MY BODY. I VIEW THINGS. I JUST SEE THINGS AS OBJECTS.

anyways DÖHHHH. YOu skipped the last post about the social things :XD

FAILLLLLLLLL FAILLLLLLL FAILLLLLLLLLL

WELL THOSE PROBLEMS AND OUTSIDE THE BODY I JUST VIEW THINGS AS OBECJTS.

bl44d3lf
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Apr 2013, 3:02 pm

CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME AN INSTANT SOLUTION.

well tell me what you think it is :)

i dont relate to nothing . i got no emotions. no inspiration. nothing. i cant somethimes not even talk. i feel numb. lack of sleep. lack of everything. sometimes its jusT FEELS LIKE IM VIEWING MY BODY.

MY LEG IS MY LEG. MY HAND IS A HAND.- MY HEAD IS A HEAD. MY REFELCTION IS A JUST A IMAGE.

MONEY IS NOTHING. PERSONALITY IS NOTHING.

EVERYTHING IS NOTHING TO ME.

IS THIS DEPRESIONALIZATION OR DEPRESSION.

well i think its depression since i it fits most of the kriteriums if u load everyhing i said.

BUT WHAT IS DEPRERSONALIZATION.

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME SOMETHING. G

GIVE ME A CLUE WHAT IT CAN BE.

InThisTogether
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2013, 3:15 pm

I think you need to go see a psychologist or psychiatrist. I don't think anyone here is qualified to give you an answer over the internet, but it does sound like you are suffering. I am sorry for that.

MacGyverAspie
Toucan
Toucan

06 Apr 2013, 3:44 pm

You seriously need to calm down. You need to listen to what people tell you and not be aggressive to others. Also using all caps in posts indicates yelling. I don't know if its intentional but yelling at people won't make anything better.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2013, 3:52 pm

moderator note - calm down and stop yelling at members (THIS IS YELLING). members are trying to help you but they are not psychologists or psychiatrists and they do not have all of the answers for you. please do not make demands like they are your personal assistants.

maybe you can do a little bit of research on your own, or start reading other people's threads for ideas of what depression and depersonalisation can be like. there are a lot of other people on the site who have threads that can help you, but you have to go and read them to find out.

this thread will be locked if you do not calm down and start responding to members appropriately.

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2013, 4:23 pm

You need help,whatever is wrong.

Both are different for everyone; but usually with depression, it comes and goes. With Autism, it's always there. Although from experience, Autism does change and depression can affect this.

qwan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Apr 2013, 5:23 pm

I'd not noticed much of my aspergers symptoms because I had bigger problems that over shadowed it (the melt downs and suicidality and depression seemed more like erratic behaviour or severe depression, we didn't think much about my social understanding).
Also as a female, I'd been taught how to act well enough to mask a lot of my social difficulties from aspergers, so it IS possible for it to seem more evident later in life where being able to 'read between the lines', pick up on hints and social cues and especially (in my case) being able to flirt becomes more important.

As for depression, you have some descriptions that are worrying and I'd say there's a strong possibility.
You should really be seeing a dr.

Feeling numb, lifeless, lacking energy or over anxious are sysmptoms of depression.
It's worth checking if they've gotten worse and what may have caused them to get worse. Stress can make depression worse.
Mourning a death can mimick depression.

Lacking memory does not suggest depression as it has little to do with the disorder on its own, but it may have some link with the origin of why you feel so down.

Definitely worth investigating. You should never settle for feeling unhappy!

There are many sites on dealing with depression and self help and lines to call for advice when feeling bad.
Look them up. At worst, you don't have depression and the things don't work as much as you want, so you can try looking for something else to help.

Hopefully you can see a trainer person though.

Alexthymia: 126/185
Suspected 'Pure O' OCD. (OCI: 64 or 11.6)
And wonderfully facially blind. XD

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2013, 7:07 pm

Bl44d3lf seems like a troll to me.

bl44d3lf wrote:
seaturtleisland wrote:

Its depression then? describe to me your self?

how do u interact do u get enjoyment and feelings.

any1 else wanna tell me something like ....

mb i got some extremly thing of something.

I'm going to answer the bolded question even though I am getting irritated and I don't trust you.

I am not a robot. Having Asperger's doesn't make me a robot. Even depression didn't make me emotionless. I felt empty and restless but I still felt pain. I felt joy at a distance. It wasn't the same as when I wasn't depressed but it was still there. It was an echo.

I don't like it that you're running through a whole list of symptoms of various different disorders seemingly at random and asking if you have Asperger's. I've tried to convince myself I was getting something so even though I've never been a pretender to others I still have some understanding. I don't lie to others. I've only lied to myself. I have lied however and you sound like a liar.

No, Asperger's doesn't make you emotionless. Stop running your mouth on the internet and see a doctor if you really want answers. You sound like you just want to talk about problems, real or made up, while wallowing in self-pity and indulging in other people's sympathy without actually solving anything.

People have offered solutions and you've ignored them. You've got your answer so stop asking the same question over and over again just for the sake of asking. Take the advice people have given you.