Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

SPKx
Toucan
Toucan

07 Apr 2013, 12:21 pm

Even though I typically always know the end result, I still find myself occasionally testing how well I can handle busy bars and clubs on a Saturday night.

I find that I enjoy myself a bit better earlier in the night. However, there's always a point when the bar gets absolutely PACKED and I find myself slowly getting uncomfortable to the point that I would head home just after midnight.

Also, I am totally unable to read the social cues of others, which makes meeting people at bars and clubs a non-factor.

I thought I would give it one last try last night, since I'm starting to get too old for that type of culture (turning 31 in a couple days). I can definitely say that I'm much more happy going to local pubs and singing karaoke than going to a bar where I can't move around.

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 3:46 am

i like bars and clubs on occasion. i just dont live there

NEtikiman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 7:08 pm

I used to go to bars a lot and one of two things would happen:
1) I got so overwhelmed that I got overly drunk to compensate (which never ended well)
2) I stayed very quiet, not making eye contact with anyone and, if it was an option, I organized the Trivial Pursuit cards (sports trivia mixed in with music trivia!? Madness!! !)

Venerab1e1
Toucan
Toucan

08 Apr 2013, 10:00 pm

I gave up on going to bars a long time ago. There is way too much noise, movement, smoke, and drunk people. That combination gives me major sensory overload in about 5 minutes. It has gotten to a point where I would much rather be lonely and by myself then to even go to a bar and try and talk to people.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 10:12 pm

I prefer pubs. They're more like being in someone's living room, and other people seem to respect that.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 10:28 pm

I never been a fan of bar. I don't like beer that much

mfs1013
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Apr 2013, 12:17 am

I drink responsibly even though i don't drive yet... I usually have either Bud Lite, Miller Lite, Coors Lite, or Yuengling

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/mfs1013

http://soundcloud.com/DJMFS
http://mixcloud.com/DJMFS