Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 9:31 pm

Who can relate to my examples? Someone (me) had a diagnosis of AS changed to autism spectrum disorder, with an IQ score of about 77 (verbal is higher), with other learning difficulties (like dyspraxia) as an adult...

Say they can do very basic self-care by themself (has trouble initiating past that), speech varies (can talk well, may have trouble asking basic things outside of home or saying their name to a stranger)...can have anxiety.

Has daily therapy (like occupational), cannot be in public by themselves or work yet unassisted, cannot act "normal" much at all...spends most time doing their favorite activity above all else at home so is not social.

The person is fairly aware of their differences...and has sensory issues which can be impairing.

Who else does not fit the "mild" category (meaning impaired significantly)? This is for ALL diagnosed on the autism spectrum, including PDD-NOS

Last edited by Lumi on 08 Apr 2013, 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cuckooflower
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Apr 2013, 11:04 pm

I don't fit the mild category by any means, from my point of view anyway, given how it affects my daily functioning and so on.

But I don't fully understand your question ??

Cf

MrStewart
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 11:31 pm

I believe Lumi is asking if there are other members on Wrong Planet forums who are impaired to a relatively significant degree.

Lumi: there is a thread in member's only section devoted to exactly this question. Have a look: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt167925.html

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 11:50 pm

Depends what you/they mean by mild, i'm sure I am more mild then you although we share meny simular traits, however I am very sure meny posting here are more mild then I. Its easy to cover up your severity on a text fourm, no one knows how long it took you to write a responce or if you had help etc. Asperger fits though, under the new critearia i'm sure i won't be the mildest one however i'm sure the most severe catagory is reserved or those with Classic LFA, as it should be. I have no plans to be revaluated though so I may never know.

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 1:57 pm

MrStewart wrote:
I believe Lumi is asking if there are other members on Wrong Planet forums who are impaired to a relatively significant degree.

Lumi: there is a thread in member's only section devoted to exactly this question. Have a look: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt167925.html

Thanks for the clarification, that is what I mean exactly. I will read the thread again, thanks. The thread is not active much anymore, so I was wondering if anyone could share their view of life similar to mine.