Seeking a Graphic Artist for Comic Book Series

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

marysangel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Apr 2013, 7:37 pm

Greetings to my fellow Aspies and auties:
My name is Natalie Bohay and I am a young woman with Asperger's Syndrome. I am looking for a graphic artist who can help me with my comic book series. My comic books follow the amazing adventures of a superheroine that I have created. She has Asperger's Syndrome and she has a wide range of superpowers, including but not limited to super-intelligence, hypnotic singing, superspeed and flight (courtesy of pair of rocket tennis shoes), telepathy, superstrength, resistance to hot and cold temperatures, space flight, a (possibly rainbow-colored) laser beam, high-jumping, airwalking and a powerful light sword. My superheroine's name is Spectra Lite and her alter ego is Sarah J(oan) Higgins, a college student and concert hall singer from Pittsburgh.
I am actually looking for someone who can draw a cartoon but a sophisticated type of cartoon but with colors. If you are a decent artist and would interested in helping me to draw the pictures in the panels, that would be great. Feel free to contact me on this Wrong Planet forum and if you do, I will give you more information in terms of story and script for each of the issues. Once again, thank you.

abl3ton_2nd_skin_89
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Apr 2013, 1:54 pm

I'd be totally up for this! Beyond music I've recently been quite interested in illustrating for comics...and doing an entire work on my own, which i doubt would succeed right now, wouldn't be as exciting as the power of collaboration.
I'll PM you my portfolio website--my art still needs a bit of work but if you need a sort of illustration example by way of giving me some conversational script I can do some graphic work for it so as to have you see my perspective on design.

thanks.
--abletongrl :)

marysangel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Apr 2013, 9:03 pm

Greetings my fine candidate:
I am pleased that you have replied to my request. Please tell me a bit more about yourself. Are you on the autism spectrum as well? I understand that you are a woman. Is that true? You should consider yourself blessed because I spoke with one of the people over there at the Autism Society of America and she said that we work on such a project of having Spectra Lite be introduced, then the society will be able my character. I am currently working on a script, which I am happy to give you...but you can send me some contact information and we can go from there. See you later.