Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mahogany
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Apr 2013, 12:25 am

Mostly B, at least the 1st part. I don't know that I think they are less PHYSICALY attractive if they aren't nice, just less attractive overall. And I am more attrated to people as I grow closer to them, regardless of their physical attractiveness.

darktemplar05
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Apr 2013, 8:08 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
Are you

A. the type of person who needs to be physically attracted to someone first to develop romantic interest in them?

B. the type of person who finds people more physically attractive the more you like them, and less physically attractive the less you like them?

C. Something else?

I am a B.

definitely A. if shes not good looking her personality wont be enuf. however i wouldnt date someone who very pretty but a jerk.

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 8:29 am

C. I don't really care.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 2:08 pm

A/B with a twist...

If one were to consider attractiveness on a 1-10 scale, I'd probably be MOST attracted to a 7-8.

The 9's and 10's in my life have usually been such rotten, demanding, spoiled, selfish and cruel people that I can't help but be almost repulsed! An average 4-5 would get more interest from me than a snotty, self-absorbed 10. (At least initially... a few proved to be beautiful AND good people... but not many.)

Personality is paramount... but I have to be able to look at you naked and like it, too! Good thing I'm pretty easy to please. ;)

Vectorspace
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 5:44 pm

Modified B: When I'm romantically interested, physical attractiveness becomes unimportant.
Plus a bit of A, because it's not completely unimportant in order to trigger interest in the first place.

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 6:55 pm

Most people act like it is shallow to be attracted to physical appearance, but that must have at least something to do with it for nearly everyone, unless you have no gender preference. Because if appearance made no difference, then couldn't you be as easily attracted to one gender as the other? Or to nonhuman objects?

Personally I have some minimum requirements for appearance, and I think they basically correlate to what I imagine a healthy fertile woman to look like, and then I'm not hugely picky about exactly how pretty she is, although of course it is easier for me to become attached to a prettier girl than a not pretty girl.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 8:12 pm

I think I'm leaning towards B, although part of me is A.

Uri
Raven
Raven

10 Apr 2013, 8:21 pm

ShamelessGit wrote:
Because if appearance made no difference, then couldn't you be as easily attracted to one gender as the other? Or to nonhuman objects?

By nonhuman objects you mean other animals, like cats, rabbits and dogs for example or maybe even something more inanimate like a pet rock?

However I think you made some valid points in your post.

seoulgamer
Raven
Raven

11 Apr 2013, 4:46 pm

I'll be honest and say A. Causes far more trouble than it's worth, mind.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2013, 5:40 pm

Kaufmancab51 wrote:
mix of both A & B, sometimes it's one, sometimes it's the other, so i guess that makes me C?

Self proclaimed Gentlemen complete with bowler cap. But I'll tell you something secret, that's a f**ish in Japan to some women. MUAHAHAHAAAAAAAH. Confidence meter it's nine-thouuuussaaaaannnnddd!! ! Bowchikawowowowww BOW!

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2013, 5:43 pm

Kaufmancab51 wrote:
mix of both A & B, sometimes it's one, sometimes it's the other, so i guess that makes me C?
So I guess that makes me a 'nice guy' who is just to lazy to marry a woman from Japan, because it is so easy for him to look cool. Bowchikawowowoooow WOW!