what is masculinity? (LADIES ONLY)

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2013, 10:27 am

I remember being rejected once by a girl because my interest in videogames and anime apperently made me immature (never played it or watched it around her, fyi.) I had a college degree, a career job and lived on my own self sufficiently, meanwhile she was barely employed and living on state housing assistance. :roll:

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2013, 10:13 am

My friend has dumped 3 guys because all they wanted to do was play video games. They would ignore her, to the point she would be trying to have sex with them and they wanted to play.

She now has a rule, mention video games in your profile, get ignored.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2013, 10:42 am

thewhitrbbit wrote:
My friend has dumped 3 guys because all they wanted to do was play video games. They would ignore her, to the point she would be trying to have sex with them and they wanted to play.

I effing hate that! I've met multiple girls who were into my type (socially awkward geeky guys with glasses) but were burned by them enough that by the time I came around my type had been ruined by them. The current girl I'm seeing and am most interested in seems relunctant to commit because I remind her of her ex-husband (I'll-be-it a more optimistic, handsome and self-confident version.) Based on stories she's told me, he may have been an undiagnosed aspie.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2013, 10:43 am

darktemplar05 wrote:
uwmonkdm wrote:
I can certainly say that a man who identifies himself with a video game character is probably not considered masculine by most women.

its just an avatar of my favorite fictional character, doesnt mean anything. better to have him than a 5-star pentagram on my page, which tells me you identify yourself with the devil. Turd.

No need to be nasty

He probably change it to a shape after I criticised his photo so probably feels he can't win!

(There wasn't anything wrong with his photo btw)

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2013, 10:46 am

My definition of masculine involves the person being self-assured and witty

It's more to do with how the person behaves than how they look

I don't deal in gender stereotypes so I don't go looking for masculine traits in the
first place

In fact people who play up the he-man/muscle-man type image are usually a turn-off

I relate to the person, not the image

boywonder
Raven
Raven

13 Apr 2013, 6:49 am

I'm not in a position to comment....

uwmonkdm
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2013, 11:46 am

Geekonychus wrote:
thewhitrbbit wrote:

I effing hate that! I've met multiple girls who were into my type (socially awkward geeky guys with glasses) but were burned by them enough that by the time I came around my type had been ruined by them. The current girl I'm seeing and am most interested in seems relunctant to commit because I remind her of her ex-husband (I'll-be-it a more optimistic, handsome and self-confident version.) Based on stories she's told me, he may have been an undiagnosed aspie.

How do you know he wasn't those things too, and she tore it down? Two sides to every story :lol: