Greetings, Aspergians (and everyone else)!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Scia
Raven
Raven

10 Apr 2013, 7:12 pm

Heya! I'm a self-diagnosed Aspie, working to try to get an official diagnosis.

I have Aspie relatives on both sides of my family (in both cases, and uncle and his kids). I have some Autistic/Aspie friends online and I've read some things about the Autism community for awhile, but I haven't really tried joining the community before.

A little about me: I really like computers (big surprise there </sarcasm>). I'm a student at a tech college under their IT program, planning on specializing in programming. I've also recently become certified as an IT technician, and I'm an honor student.

I speak a little bit of Japanese. However, lately I've put more focus on ASL - partly because I hear it really works for some Auties, and partly because of the idea of being able to communicate with d/Deaf people. ASL is proving to be easy for me to learn, and I'm really enjoying it!

I'm a gamer. I like some 'big name' games (particularly Japanese games) and a number of indie games. My favorite (story) genres are Sci-Fi and Fantasy, and I generally like adventure and puzzle games, though I also like a lot of games of other types. My favorite game series is MegaMan (particularly the X sub-series, though I've yet to play an MM game I haven't liked).

I have a pretty broad taste in music, mostly with exceptions for crude stuff, most rap, and some forms of country/dubstep. Lately I enjoy a fair bit of game music (some of which is comprised of chiptunes) and Vocaloid songs.

Here's to new friends and fun times. ^_^

Bezeone
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Apr 2013, 8:33 pm

Welcome to WP!

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 8:43 pm

Welcome Scia :)

DarkRain
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 8:54 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 10:53 pm

from one music-lover to another, welcome to WP.