Page 4 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Tharja
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Apr 2013, 3:49 pm

Magneto wrote:
Tharja, who enslaved you and seized your property? We already have something set up for that...

Mainly the British.

Myers-Briggs personality: ISFJ

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2013, 4:16 pm

Which government? The current one? Blair? Major? Thatcher? Just how old are you, exactly?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2013, 5:26 pm

Schneekugel wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
My wife's family is another story - on her mother's side had been southerners and slave owners. By this logic, my wife, and by extension, our daughter, are somehow guilty of something they personally had no hand in. If any jackass wants to send a bill to my wife and child to pay for reparations, I'll send it right back, empty of a check, and having been used as toilet paper.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

I dont know why they should be guilty. If you find a credticard in your garden, that doesnt belong to you, you are not guilty that this creditcard is in your garden. You simply give it back, because it dont belong to you, but noones guilty about that.

My point exactly.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2013, 5:34 pm

Tharja wrote:
Magneto wrote:
Tharja, who enslaved you and seized your property? We already have something set up for that...

Mainly the British.

When was that? With the exception of the Chagos Islands, I'm struggling to think of anything in recent UK history that would fit the bill.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2013, 7:24 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

It's all of us in one way or another that pays for our collective swelling heart. Who knows, the day may come when you or someone you love may need the compassion of the nation when some unforeseen trouble arises.

Whatever my family needs I am not going to get for them by using force on an unwilling party. That is just plain theft.

ruveyn

Mike1
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2013, 7:45 pm

I think I should get reparations from a few people who've pissed me off in the past. I don't really want their money, but it'd be nice if I could punch them in the face a few times. I guess you could consider that reparation. There probably won't be a point in time when the U.S. judiciary system endorses reparations of that sort though.

Reparations - compensation (given or received) for an insult or injury.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2013, 8:10 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

It's all of us in one way or another that pays for our collective swelling heart. Who knows, the day may come when you or someone you love may need the compassion of the nation when some unforeseen trouble arises.

Whatever my family needs I am not going to get for them by using force on an unwilling party. That is just plain theft.

ruveyn

If taxation is theft, then theft is recognized in the US constitution.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2013, 10:27 pm

My pure-strain Homo Neanderthalensis ancestors were oppressed, abused and driven to extinction.

I deserve reparations from every pure-strain member of the Homo Sapien Sapien species.

Just give me all of Europe (Ireland and the U.K., too) north of the 50th parallel and west of the Ural mountains, and we'll call it even...

Tharja
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Apr 2013, 3:48 am

Magneto wrote:
Which government? The current one? Blair? Major? Thatcher? Just how old are you, exactly?

I meant my ancestors, long, long ago.

Myers-Briggs personality: ISFJ

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2013, 4:11 am

So you yourself weren't oppressed and stolen from?

I'm with Fnord on this one. Pure stain Homo Sapiens should get out of Europe, and we'll withdraw our own people from the land that was stolen from the Denisovans and restore it to their descendants, resulting in every racial supremacists dream world in which (mostly) White* people keep to Europe (and North Africa?), Red* people keep to the Americas (and Australia?), Black* people keep to Africa, and Yellow* people keep to Asia. The Middle East will, as always, remain a battleground for everyone to exchange pleasantries and gunfire. Antarctica will remain a neutral zone as well, though unlike the Middle East, probably a peaceful one. There will of course have to be reorganisation within the 4 major powers, with the Celts vacating the British Isles and restoring them to the original inhabitants, which might be a bit hard after they committed genocide against them. What the many individuals who are mixed shall do shall be resolved by an international court of appeals, on the basis of the one-drop rule, though which drop will be up to the individual concerned to decide.

Dammit, I want my 3 million square kilometres. The world can just give me Ceres for reparations against my many ancestors, who were driven to extinction by the immigrants from Africa (I'm European, so I'm bound to have Neanderthal DNA; I might even have Denisovan...?) oppressed by the Celts when they came (mitochondrial DNA shows most people in the UK are descended from the original folk who inhabited the Isles), oppressed by the Anglo-Saxons when they arrived, before that being subjected by the Romans (my Celtic ancestry), invaded and conquered by the Normans (my Anglo-Saxon ancestry), treated terribly by the British (my Native American ancestry), ridiculed by the entire world for being cheese eating surrender monkeys (I'm part French-Canadian), being treated harshly by the people already living in America (my Italian-American side; everyone hazes the new guys in the country, ha, ha, ha)... I want my reparations! Though it's perhaps not feasible to give me land in all corners of the West, I'll take a planet to compensate. It's the least this world can do for me, oppressed for so long...

*I use the colours in jest. The example above is a parody, intended to show the farcical results of taking such proposals to absurd levels.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2013, 5:17 am

Magneto wrote:

I'm with Fnord on this one. Pure stain Homo Sapiens should get out of Europe, and we'll withdraw our own people from the land that was stolen from the Denisovans and restore it to their descendants, resulting in every racial supremacists dream world in which (mostly) White* people keep to Europe (and North Africa?), Red* people keep to the Americas (and Australia?), Black* people keep to Africa, and Yellow* people keep to Asia. The Middle East will, as always, remain a battleground for everyone to exchange pleasantries and gunfire. Antarctica will remain a neutral zone as well, though unlike the Middle East, probably a peaceful one. There will of course have to be reorganisation within the 4 major powers, with the Celts vacating the British Isles and restoring them to the original inhabitants, which might be a bit hard after they committed genocide against them. What the many individuals who are mixed shall do shall be resolved by an international court of appeals, on the basis of the one-drop rule, though which drop will be up to the individual concerned to decide.

Dammit, I want my 3 million square kilometres. The world can just give me Ceres for reparations against my many ancestors, who were driven to extinction by the immigrants from Africa (I'm European, so I'm bound to have Neanderthal DNA; I might even have Denisovan...?) oppressed by the Celts when they came (mitochondrial DNA shows most people in the UK are descended from the original folk who inhabited the Isles), oppressed by the Anglo-Saxons when they arrived, before that being subjected by the Romans (my Celtic ancestry), invaded and conquered by the Normans (my Anglo-Saxon ancestry), treated terribly by the British (my Native American ancestry), ridiculed by the entire world for being cheese eating surrender monkeys (I'm part French-Canadian), being treated harshly by the people already living in America (my Italian-American side; everyone hazes the new guys in the country, ha, ha, ha)... I want my reparations! Though it's perhaps not feasible to give me land in all corners of the West, I'll take a planet to compensate. It's the least this world can do for me, oppressed for so long...

*I use the colours in jest. The example above is a parody, intended to show the farcical results of taking such proposals to absurd levels.

Sorry to nitpick, but the Anglo-Saxons arrived in Britain after the Romans.
History is one of my Aspie obsessions. Sorry.

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2013, 6:04 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Magneto wrote:

That's what he said. Note the bold :wink:

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2013, 6:18 am

duncvis wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Magneto wrote:

That's what he said. Note the bold :wink:

Okay, didn't read it as closely as I should have.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2013, 4:20 am

I have another idea. We could remember ourselves to be homo sapiens and simply try to find a just solution for the nowadays situation? ^^

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2013, 9:34 am

Schneekugel wrote:
I have another idea. We could remember ourselves to be homo sapiens and simply try to find a just solution for the nowadays situation?

What are you, some kinda radical? First we fix the blame, then we punish the innocent, and we identify the problem last!

Sheesh! Dint they lern you nuthin in skul?

;) j/k

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2013, 3:19 pm

Fnord wrote:
Schneekugel wrote:
I have another idea. We could remember ourselves to be homo sapiens and simply try to find a just solution for the nowadays situation?

What are you, some kinda radical? First we fix the blame, then we punish the innocent, and we identify the problem last!

Sheesh! Dint they lern you nuthin in skul?

;) j/k

I like gurls! Who yuh callin' a homo-sapieun?!?!?!?!