Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2013, 10:15 pm

nessa238 wrote:
Where do people recommend buying Melatonin from in the UK and in what format?

It's prescription only over here, but you can order it from UK websites that bring it in from abroad (usually the USA).

Depending on your sleep problems, there is quick-release and timed-release. I wouldn't go for a high dose one, even though they are available, apparently you only need a really tiny dose. I'd say no more than 3mg.

Obviously ordering from the internet, check on the brand and their quality control procedures for ingredients before you purchase.

DX AS & both daughters on the autistic spectrum

http://www.planetautism.wix.com/one-stop-shop

lady_katie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2013, 8:22 am

Well, I tried it last night, and it worked well :D

It didn't make me feel any different, but when I tried to fall asleep, I actually did. I slept all night, didn't have any weird dreams, and I feel fine today.

Yay!

I'm not going to make it a regular thing though. I can usually tell before I go to bed if it's going to be "one of those nights", so I'll reserve it for those times.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2013, 2:12 pm

If I remember correctly, one can't really develop a tolerance to it.

JellyCat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Apr 2013, 5:40 pm

Titangeek wrote:
If I remember correctly, one can't really develop a tolerance to it.

You can, I know people who have. I think one person I know started off with 1mg and ended up having to take 8mg because they kept having to increase their dosage.

Doctors have also said this.