Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Bluefloweraspie9898
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Apr 2013, 8:08 am

Because of my aspergers, I find it really hard making long conversations with people and I find it really scary talking to a groups of people, I just can't go out with friends and I really need tips on how to make my like easier! :wink: :D

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2013, 9:06 am

I suggest learning to make short conversations. Learn to talk concisely--and in terms that ordinary people can understand. But, don't get too worried about being totally accurate--that is an Aspie affectation. It gets better with practice. Good luck!

SPtread
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Apr 2013, 4:00 pm

Practice, practice, practice.

Being concise is a good idea. Concise and to the point.

Perhaps general topics.

Maybe ask how they are doing/what they are doing etc..

Talk about things that you are comfortable talking about. Show others you are intelligent.

WrongWay
Toucan
Toucan

12 Apr 2013, 9:05 pm

Personally I find meeting friends one-on-one much easier then a big group as it easier to pay attention to just one other person. Also in a larger group there's more chance I'll just get left out of the conversation as I'm rather quiet and everyone else may just find it easier to carry on talking to the other people in the group and not me. So if you think it'll help consider meeting in smaller groups, it'll probably be less scary.