Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

13 Apr 2013, 1:23 am

SuSaNnA wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:

I want to immigrate to your country!

xD
i think Japan would be more politically stable... and they train maths even more than we do.
they are even required to take science until somewhat 16 or 17 (the end of high school)

but here, if people choose art, they don't have to study science until the final year, and these people usually abandon science really early, and cause a lot of pain towards other people.
Here, they only have limited quotas for science students, and those without good scores were prohibited (it was during my age) ,
so usually they were looked down upon.

But personally I believe that everyone should learn science, because I personally find that the training is important.
Most people can improve their rations and logic after appropriate education.
Before graduation, some science students could be illogical too, just that they get to change during the course-- they just become more and more rational during the training.

Just that too many people on the planet don't see why they need science or rations...

Quote:
I am female and female NT's in general are very shallow and get on my nerves. I don't hate them but I cannot relate to them either. Males in general are much nicer and easier to get along with.

I guess maybe most of you don't hate... because you haven't been gang bullied before?
Like, a gang of 200 girls bullying one person. (most joined due to fear/ sheep spirit)

I am going to guess you live in Russia, or somewhere in the former Soviet Union. China is unlikely.

The bullying sounds really bad though. Why do you suppose it is allowed to happen like that?

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2013, 2:17 am

Callista wrote:
So yeah, if somebody is mean to me or shows themselves to be a generally nasty person, then I'll dislike them. But spreading that dislike to people I don't know anything about seems totally illogical.

Exactly. Generalizations don't make sense to me.

@Fnord: very 8) I want one of those shirts!

@SuSaNnA: I understand where you're coming from. Throughout school, I was always bullied more by other girls than by boys. If I made any friends at all, they were male. The stereotypical "girl" stuff seemed completely alien to me, and a lot of it still does.

Currently, I still have more male friends than female. There are only a couple of females I actually consider to be "friends" (one of whom I met on WP), and they share many of my "quirks" so we understand each other.

I also agree with your views on science. More people should come to share a bit of our so-called "obsessiveness"--they'd learn a lot more about many more things. :)

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2013, 2:30 am

SuSaNnA wrote:
This "arrogant" is based on scores and statistics :)
But I really won't call it "arrogant" because I am very angry with them and I can't stop thinking on the negative side.
Sometimes I can't sleep after reading what they typed on the internet.

I agree with much of your sentiment, but I think your arrogance arises from needing to justify your superiority. Scores and statistics are often used for such ego-boosting, and trying to say who gets to vote and who doesn't based on your own feelings of superiority/inferiority strikes me as very self-righteous, which isn't admirable either. My biggest criticism would be the high-horse mentality that may cause you to dismiss anyone outright as being a "stupid normal."

For instance, you may agree with some of the people's ideas you read here. But if you encounter them in real life, you might hastily assume that they're 'low-IQ morons' who are beneath you. I think that's what you should look out for because riding a high-horse isn't the way to deal with it.

Tyri0n wrote:
I have equal opportunity contempt for both genders, just like you. Don't get me started about how fantastically stupid sports culture is in the United States.

This is a good example. I had mentioned it's been theorized that lack of playing sports and general physical inactivity in childhood/adolescence is more common among those with AS which may lead to decreased muscle tone as they physically mature into adulthood.

This user assumed I was saying "Kids who don't play sports are weird and inferior!" I tried to explain to him that it's the exact opposite, I'm not Mr. Sports by any means, in fact I can't stand them, but I was postulating a theory I've heard. It made little difference, he'd made a hasty reaction based on emotion and misunderstanding and came to the wrong conclusion about who I am and what I believe.

So for you OP, I fully get how weary you are of the general populace and how much it sucks living in a world dominated by them; but be careful about making snap judgements and allowing delusions of grandeur to cloud your judgement.

fluffypinkyellow
Raven
Raven

13 Apr 2013, 4:58 am

No, I don't have any particular hate towards neurotypical people-they are people, with different interests, ideas, personalities and goals. They are not some homogenous monolith, any more than any other group is.

I don't really see why you do. I think it's amazingly sexist and narrow minded, as well as more than a little ridiculous, to automatically default to disliking all women who aren't scientists, writing them off as irrational and stupid. Especially when the post in which you make these judgments is full of spelling and grammar errors.

And no one's rational all the time.

The problem is that you are judging all men you meet with an automatic blank slate. But for some reason, a woman has to be involved in science before you will deem her worthy of you talking to her. Can you honestly not see how this is unfair? This is very sexist, and you are writing off plenty of perfectly nice, intelligent, logical and compassionate women. Of course you're not going to form positive connections with non-scientist women if you are not going to give them a fair chance.

SuSaNnA
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Apr 2013, 6:41 am

fluffypinkyellow wrote:
No, I don't have any particular hate towards neurotypical people-they are people, with different interests, ideas, personalities and goals. They are not some homogenous monolith, any more than any other group is.

I don't really see why you do. I think it's amazingly sexist and narrow minded, as well as more than a little ridiculous, to automatically default to disliking all women who aren't scientists, writing them off as irrational and stupid. Especially when the post in which you make these judgments is full of spelling and grammar errors.

And no one's rational all the time.

The problem is that you are judging all men you meet with an automatic blank slate. But for some reason, a woman has to be involved in science before you will deem her worthy of you talking to her. Can you honestly not see how this is unfair? This is very sexist, and you are writing off plenty of perfectly nice, intelligent, logical and compassionate women. Of course you're not going to form positive connections with non-scientist women if you are not going to give them a fair chance.

I think you are jumping into conclusions to quickly, and most of what you said was plain guesses.

I mean I ended up not having non-scientist female friends instead of judging them before I get to talk to them.
I just end up being angered by them.

Anyway, a more detailed explanation had been sent to your pm

Quote:
I agree with much of your sentiment, but I think your arrogance arises from needing to justify your superiority. Scores and statistics are often used for such ego-boosting, and trying to say who gets to vote and who doesn't based on your own feelings of superiority/inferiority strikes me as very self-righteous, which isn't admirable either. My biggest criticism would be the high-horse mentality that may cause you to dismiss anyone outright as being a "stupid normal."

What do you normally do if you are being bullied by other people?

I'm not challenging you, I'm just asking for your opinion.

It's not like I like myself at all, seriously.
It's just a way to shut them up and get the teacher to be on my side.
But if bullies happen on the internet, I just can't ever solve anything.
I feel like I always loose to people who strike first, and I never ever win.
We all know that bullying is wrong, but what I mean is, if I do a similar thing to them, it doesn't seem to affect them, (it rarely does, and if they do, they'll just gang up)
whilst I would keep upping it to the point that I stay awake the entire night.

I don't have the ability to defend myself at all.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2013, 1:18 pm

I have a bad habit of getting jealous of other people for having more social skills than me. Sometimes I can become horribly jealous, but I don't let them know that I am jealous of them because it might upset them.

I do get annoyed with the sort of people who everybody likes, and who always give off this ''me, me, me, look at me'' vibe, and no matter how nasty or strange they can be, everybody loves them and would go out of their way to do favours for them without them asking. Those sorts of people annoy me terribly. I know a woman in her 50s who's like that. She hasn't been in a relationship at all for almost 18 years, and gets the hump with people very easily too, but still people like her for some reason. She's one of those people who just gets the attention of everyone and anyone, she's only got to meet a stranger's eye for less than a second and they greet her, and it's nothing to do with her appearance either. She just f*****g irritates me, and I try to avoid her if I can but if she sees me I suppose I can't be rude. She can't help the way she is I suppose.

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2013, 3:56 pm

SuSaNnA wrote:
But if bullies happen on the internet, I just can't ever solve anything.
I feel like I always loose to people who strike first, and I never ever win.
We all know that bullying is wrong, but what I mean is, if I do a similar thing to them, it doesn't seem to affect them, (it rarely does, and if they do, they'll just gang up)
whilst I would keep upping it to the point that I stay awake the entire night.

I don't have the ability to defend myself at all.

Internet bullies are also known as "trolls" (in some cases, at least). In those cases, stop responding (you know, the advice that does not work IRL :roll: ). All they want is attention--don't give it to them.

Seems simplistic, and I know it really ISN'T that simple (the way it makes you feel, for example), but just tell yourself "these idiots aren't worth my time" and make yourself walk away.

Bullying IRL is much harder to deal with, so yes, handle it any way you can.

However, what some of the others have said about not writing people off automatically...well, I understand that instinct, and acted on it for much of my life when I was younger. Now, not so much. I can usually tell if someone is "worth it" to me personally. Obviously, if someone is an a***ole immediately, I decide "no, not going there."

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17