Any Final Fantasy Fans or rpg fans in general?

Page 1 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Aspergian89
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Jan 2007, 10:02 pm

Anyone like final fantasy or rpgs on here? I have always been an huge final fantasy fan also I love other rpgs.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 10:24 pm

I love RPGs! Final Fantasy is my favourite RPG series! I'm still waiting for FFXII to be released in Australia. The Viera named Fran looks cool.

Atomika
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 10:45 pm

I love RPGs also. Usually I like to play online based ones though. As for Final Fantasy, I only own #10, but I have played the other ones and those games are pretty cool.

RedMage wrote:
I love RPGs! Final Fantasy is my favourite RPG series! I'm still waiting for FFXII to be released in Australia. The Viera named Fran looks cool.

You're still waiting for that old fossil? Here in the States we're busy waiting for FFXIII!

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2007, 1:09 am

Yeah. Advent Children is kick ass. I'm in it more for the story.

Sehvekah
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Jan 2007, 10:05 am

RPGs? Hell yeah. Fallout series, Morrowind/Oblivion, Arcanum is one that always finds it's way back onto my hard drive sooner or later, Deus Ex(even if it is more of a shooter than an RPG, it still kicks copious ammounts of ass), the Avernum and Geneforge series'....

And as I type this, I realize that I haven't finished several of those(namely Avernum 4 and Geneforge 3, but also most noteable Morrowind. Had it for 5 or 6 years now and inspite of having sunk hundreds of hours into the game, I've never managed to get even half-way through the main quest! :roll: Keept getting distracted by mods, and random side quests, and guilds, and then back to the mods again).

Panik
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jan 2007, 10:14 am

Pre-teen: Played AD&D and Mutant RPG.

MMORPGS Played:

Anarchy Online
EVE Online
Everquest
Everquest2
Dark Age of Camelot
Lineage2
Ultima Online
World of Borecraft

Some more fun then others..

Waiting for the next good game 8)

RPG FTW!

jamer
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Jan 2007, 4:26 pm

final fantasies are a gift :)
i think i completed final fantasy 7 around 30 times. each time i completed it was to do different thigns, IE, one times id Steal from every boss in the game, another was a timeattack(like 10+:P)another was exploring every CM of the map etc, it was auite an obsession, as theyve all been :P

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2007, 9:03 pm

Not FF--I hate the turn based combat. But RPG? Yes.

My faves (hope somebody's heard of some of them):
Planescape: Torment
Arcanum
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption
Silver
Deus Ex

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2007, 9:19 pm

me likes old games:

chronno trigger
chronno cross

and my fave one:

Secret of Mana

KurtmanJP
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2007, 5:12 pm

My favorites:
Phantasy Star 2 (Sega Genesis)
Phantasy Star 4 (Sega Genesis)
Final Fantasy 7 (Playstation)
Final Fantasy 9 (Playstation)
Final Fantasy 12 (Playstation 2)
Light Crusader (Sega Genesis)
Shining Force 2 (Sega Genesis)
Shining In The Darkness (Sega Genesis)

HolyDragonSword
Raven
Raven

16 Jan 2007, 6:18 am

I am a rather great fan of the FF series(I have all official entries with the exception of FF XI), but I'm even moreso a fan of more obscurer titles. Games like Star Ocean: The Second Story, Tales of ___, Valkyrie Profile, Grandia, Growlanser II/III, Skies of Arcadia, Thousand Arms-- let's just cut it short and say I've nearly every decent PS1 RPG ever released(and then some). Mind, I've been playing games since age 1.5(this means 18.5 years, folks), so I have a few SNES RPGs as well.

Nothing beats killing time with a fun game, or one that will have me gripping the controller in thought-- like XenoSaga, or the Dragon Quest series.

animeboy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jan 2007, 2:34 am

I've never played Final Fantasy but for some reason I am obsessed with it. I watch Advent Children obsessively, it is so cool. I wish I had a PS 1/2/3 and FF7, 10, and 12. Overall I historically have played mostly only RPG games, so I probably would excel at FF.

Last edited by animeboy on 21 Jan 2007, 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2007, 2:37 am

All of the FF's but 3 (American numbering) and Tactics were horrid honestly.

HolyDragonSword
Raven
Raven

21 Jan 2007, 6:21 am

What, no love for X, XII, or II? :P

SpectreWithin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Jan 2007, 8:09 am

I love RPGs but have never played the Final Fantasy series. Actually I'm not big on console-style RPGs - probably because I'm not much into consoles in general. But PC RPGs - well that's pretty much the genre I'm into over anything else. Also tabletop RPGs but I'm not sure if that's what the thread is about.

Started in the early to mid 80s (I'm 32) with the Wizardry, Ultima, Bard's Tale, Might & Magic series and SSI Gold Box games, etc - the classic DOS-era stuff. Fallout, Baldurs Gate when they came out (great games!) and in the past several years mostly MMORPGs like Ultima Online, Everquest, WoW, EQ2, and now gearing up for Vanguard. Also some singleplayer stuff - Morrowind, Oblivion, and the semi-online Neverwinter Nights and NWN 2.

I wish I had time to play every great RPG out there and actually finish the ones I have started.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2007, 5:00 pm

JRPGs make up about 80% of the games I play. I've liked them ever since I got into Final Fantasy VI via an emulator. Since then I've played just about every SNES RPG out there that's translated, a lot of Megarive ones, and quite a few PS1 & PS2 titles. Sucks though that a lot of the good PS1 games never got to Australia (ie. FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Cross).

Atm I have both Disgaea games (more strategy RPGs), Dragon Quest VIII (my personal favourite of this generation), and both FFX games for my PS2. I want to get in to Shin Megami Tensei and Shadow Hearts as well, but I've heard the first of the SH series isn't that good, and the second while good is a direct continuation of the first. So I'll probably be looking into SMT first.

I've tried to get into American D&D type RPGs, but I've never really felt any love for them. Fallout and Diablo I found boring, and Baldur's Gate I found to be ok but my computer kept crashing while running it (probably not the game's fault). The only PC RPG I've really been able to get into is the Jagged Alliance series, which is half strategy as well as RPG.

I'd like to try Oblivion since everybody's been raving about that one for a while, but I'll probably never play it since I have nothing that can run it (ie. a good PC, an XBOX360). And I don't intend to spend money on any new console until there's a good amount of games to choose from.