Norton Internet Security vs kaspersky internet security

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Simba7
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Apr 2013, 8:38 pm

Actually, I use a combo of ESET Smart Security along with MalwareBytes. They work rather well together.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2013, 7:51 am

Shatbat wrote:
MCalavera wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:
Shatbat wrote:
I've heard good things about Kaspersky.

Also, my new computer came with some Norton stuff preinstalled, it kept nagging me all the time about buying the full product (which I actually kind of understand) or buying other Norton products (which is not ok to me)

Avast is free and nice and I would probably buy the full version if I actually needed any of the things it has to offer.

Avast is sucks, i used it and don't recommend.

Details please.

No antivirus is perfect so you still have to take some responsibility when something bad infects your machine.

This. I've been using Avast for 4 years and it has yet to disappoint me.

But Norton and Kaspersky have far more better detection of viruses and maleware. Once time when i installed Kaspersky on PC, when i have previous used Avast, It detected about 10 viruses and trojans not detected by Avast.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2013, 12:00 pm

That's not how you measure detection rate.

"10 viruses and trojans" could've easily been one group of related malware under one main label. So it could've been that Avast had a miss of 1 rather than 10.

But all antiviruses are going to miss malware anyway. Even Kaspersky and Norton.

And Norton is still crap.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2013, 2:21 pm

And i bought Norton 360, on box is information that i can install it on 3 different computer so i decided to install it on my brother PC not for free of course :D