Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Kaufmancab51
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Apr 2013, 11:41 pm

This apartment complex that I am staying at for college is a bit crazy. Not just because of loud neighbors, but the amount of sex that I can hear through the walls of all the rooms around me is ridiculous.

I'm 20, still a virgin, and I've only been in one relationship (one of those high school relationships, but it lasted for 2 years until I was 18). The noise around me freaks me out to the point where anxiety flares up substantially and I'm at the point of screaming out loud.

This also happens when I'm walking around school or at parties, when my eyes see people making out or showing public displays of affection, or even worse, when I'm at a restaurant with a group of friends (where there's a couple in the bunch).

I have no clue what is causing these things to create high levels of anxiety, but something's gotta give, and I don't want to lash out on people because of something petty as public displaying of affection.

Jealousy is something that I can understand to be part of a reason, but there's more to this than jealousy.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2013, 12:26 am

Well it's obviously something no-one wants to hear in apartments, but far too often a reality of those types of complexes. I know my upstairs neighbors have woken me up 3 nights this week, they're like rabbits! I was halfway considering swapping my bedroom so that I wouldn't hear them as much and be able to sleep better lol. And it isn't really the kind of topic you can comfortably bring up to others either if they are disturbing you.

Valkyrie2012
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Apr 2013, 12:34 am

I think I know the feeling you are talking about. When I see public displays that are a bit more than a peck on the lips I get a physical dis-pleasurable feeling that is sharp and painful. Also when I hear Other people's intimate moments. Maybe you can wear earplugs or a headset listening to music while alone in your room? At least you can have some peace that way so when out and about you can cope a bit better with it.

Sorry you are having a rough time.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2013, 12:35 am

Invest in earplugs - they cut down the noise about +/- 90%.

If that's not enough, step it up to earbuds to an MP3 player where you can plug out external sounds and counteract the tiny amount that gets through (via other methods than the ear canal.)

Yeah, it's frustrating (in many ways) to be subjected to other people's sex noises... but enough about that.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2013, 3:28 am

Maybe it's that you are afraid of being judged and labeled if you don't have someone. If you see a lot of people around you with somebody, and you do want somebody but don't have one, you can feel a lot of pressure to find someone right away so you keep up with the group. Maybe it's fear that everybody will pair up except you and then you'll be completely left out?

I can totally understand that.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Kaufmancab51
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Apr 2013, 9:39 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
Maybe it's that you are afraid of being judged and labeled if you don't have someone. If you see a lot of people around you with somebody, and you do want somebody but don't have one, you can feel a lot of pressure to find someone right away so you keep up with the group. Maybe it's fear that everybody will pair up except you and then you'll be completely left out?

I can totally understand that.

Pretty much sums it up.