Bob Crow: Tories 'like Hitler' for calling for less strikes

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

clubberdude
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Apr 2013, 10:50 pm

Tequila wrote:
xenon13 wrote:
Britain's Nasty government is quite open about wanting to suppress and reduce wages. The government of the Nasty Party thinks that if most of the population were slaves, Britain would be great again. The Nasty Party government is an enemy of British people.

And you know a lot about your government and this country.

You live where exactly?

I live in the UK and Xenon13's assertion about the Tories is pretty accurate. I personally think Aneurin Bevan was a little too kind in the comments he made about the Tories if this lot are anything to go by.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2013, 11:14 am

I think it is a fair point. Since Thatcher workers have been treated like slaves and threatened by employers for simply joining a union. I think the current economic climate has made most workers fearful of losing their jobs and employers know this is a good time to squeeze all they can out of them.

People work ridiculous hours now, and mostly don't get paid overtime.

Unless workers stand up for themselves the Tory slave drivers will have people working for nothing soon.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2013, 2:36 pm

Michael Heseltine let the cat out of the bag. He proclaimed recently that British people are not poor enough. That they are too well-off to "compete" with Chinese and Indians and therefore the answer to that is to cut down the standard of living which is what is being done. The idea of the "pampered workers" having to be taken down a notch has been in the business press throughout the neoliberal era. For most people, it is plain; you want to reduce your standard of living, vote for the right.

Utnapishtim
Raven
Raven

20 Apr 2013, 2:48 pm

minervx wrote:
Godwin's law

...for online discussions only ... if your refairing to an association fallacy called Reductio ad Hitlerum it might be...

Tho the truth is Crowe is correct about this government being totally totalitarian with trade unions, plus there not the only group of people in the UK being targeted by this current totalitarian regime.

http://www.latentexistence.me.uk/govt-r ... spartacus/

Also to note this current government has been using association fallacies against the disabled, the unemployed, the working poor, trade unions & ect.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2013, 2:58 pm

xenon13 wrote:
Michael Heseltine let the cat out of the bag.

Heseltine should go back to his gardening, the traitor.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2013, 3:32 pm

That is Tory ideology in a nutshell what Heseltine said. It's that people are too lazy, particularly those on the lower rungs, and need the threat of brutal punishment to get them to work. Deep poverty and homelessness are the ideal means of discipline, there must be a lot of that. Efforts against such must be opposed using all means, otherwise, everything will fall apart in an epidemic of laziness. That is the Right's main critique of communism.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2013, 12:21 pm

Tequila wrote:
xenon13 wrote:
That I am aware of the Nasty Party reference shows that I know something about it... what about this one.

Frankly, Cameron's "Conservatives" can go to hell. And stay there.

Yes, because the UKIP plan deviates so much from theirs.

:roll:

My deviant art profile

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2013, 12:46 pm

thomas81 wrote:

It does, actually. I don't think you quite understand quite how much Cameron and his mob are despised in UKIP. And that discontent comes from many different sides of the political spectrum. Old Labour-esque voters who feel abandoned by the sort of immigration policies you support, for instance.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2013, 12:54 pm

Tequila wrote:
thomas81 wrote:

It does, actually. I don't think you quite understand quite how much Cameron and his mob are despised in UKIP. And that discontent comes from many different sides of the political spectrum. Old Labour-esque voters who feel abandoned by the sort of immigration policies you support, for instance.

The only reason UKIP despite the tories is because they aren't tory enough.

So if you can imagine the road that Dave has led us down, but at double time, well, you have some idea what UKIP's britain would be like.

My deviant art profile