New Zambian Constitution to Ban Homosexuality

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2013, 6:01 am

Quote:
New Zambian Constitution to Ban Homesexuality

The ongoing National Constitution Convention has recommended to the Technical Committee on Drafting the Zambian Constitution to make clear and precise a clause in the draft constitution that bars Anti-Social practices such as homosexuality, lesbianism and other abominable practices from being practiced in Zambia.

The convention which reconvened for plenary discussion today has been scrutinizing articles especially those that provides the rights of people and articles that describes the minority and marginalized groups to ensure that the practices of homosexuality and lesbianism are not given leeway into the national document.

Debate deepened on article 27 of the Draft Constitution which provides that a person has the right not to be discriminated against, directly or indirectly on any grounds including birth, race, sex, origin, colour, age, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language, pregnancy, health, marital, ethnic, tribal, social or economic status which rose concerns that homosexuals and lesbians might use to their advantage.

Spot the deliberate mistake (they're going to make sex at home illegal, ha ha ha).

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2013, 8:51 am

So I guess we shouldn't expect to see more of these events, then...
http://houston.culturemap.com/news/soci ... rent-kind/

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2013, 9:19 am

Barbarians.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2013, 12:36 pm

The US Constitution should be amended to so it will be unconstitutional to be an aspie, or an autie.

And that will magically cure all (or the american majority) of folks here on WP.

Why not?

Declension
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2013, 4:05 am

Ridiculous and disgusting.

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2013, 4:52 am

Tequila wrote:

i registered and posted on that article just to say God maybe homosexual. Childish, but it made me feel better

fueledbycoffee
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2013, 7:30 am

I'm not surprised. Sata's a bit of a thug. This is a man who happily aligns himself with Robert Mugabe.

Honestly, I'm done being shocked at African nations doing stupid things.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2013, 8:45 am

fueledbycoffee wrote:
Honestly, I'm done being shocked at African nations doing stupid things.

I think there is probably still a strain of anti-gay sentiment in Western countries too, but it's not nearly as vitriolic (in most cases) as in Africa, the Caribbean, the Middle East and South Asia.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2013, 1:36 am

The country that invented the new super-drug Jenkem. Back in the day when their president cheerfully sold them out to a vulture fund.

BeautifulTechno
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Apr 2013, 2:08 am

I'm sorry but when are these Homo Erectus going to be Homo Sapiens?

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2013, 3:18 am

Tequila wrote:
Quote:
New Zambian Constitution to Ban Homesexuality

The ongoing National Constitution Convention has recommended to the Technical Committee on Drafting the Zambian Constitution to make clear and precise a clause in the draft constitution that bars Anti-Social practices such as homosexuality, lesbianism and other abominable practices from being practiced in Zambia.

The convention which reconvened for plenary discussion today has been scrutinizing articles especially those that provides the rights of people and articles that describes the minority and marginalized groups to ensure that the practices of homosexuality and lesbianism are not given leeway into the national document.

Debate deepened on article 27 of the Draft Constitution which provides that a person has the right not to be discriminated against, directly or indirectly on any grounds including birth, race, sex, origin, colour, age, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language, pregnancy, health, marital, ethnic, tribal, social or economic status which rose concerns that homosexuals and lesbians might use to their advantage.

Spot the deliberate mistake (they're going to make sex at home illegal, ha ha ha).

Apparently, the article calls homosexuality "anti-social". If it doesn't affect other people, then how is it "ant-social" exactly? This discrimination against gay and lesbian people seems to be a common them in Southern African countries. To make matters worse, they often want to make their constitutions similar to the South African constitution, the only problem is that the South African constitution includes protections of LGBT people and gay marriage is legalised.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2013, 3:27 am

BeautifulTechno wrote:

Somehow, by Homo Erectus, I don't think you're talking about the named hominid in the fossil record. I think they have as much "erectus" as anyone else but are less tolerant.

BeautifulTechno
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Apr 2013, 7:53 am

Jono wrote:
BeautifulTechno wrote:

Somehow, by Homo Erectus, I don't think you're talking about the named hominid in the fossil record. I think they have as much "erectus" as anyone else but are less tolerant.

What I meant was they should stop this "troglodyte thinking" - I know it wasn't the best metaphor you could get but hey, at least I tried. :(

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2013, 7:57 am

why not ban ants at picnics, while they are at it?

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2013, 8:49 am

BeautifulTechno wrote:
Jono wrote:
BeautifulTechno wrote:

What I meant was they should stop this "troglodyte thinking" - I know it wasn't the best metaphor you could get but hey, at least I tried. :(

Not your fault. I'm often bad at understanding metaphors generally.

BeautifulTechno
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Apr 2013, 8:55 am

Jono wrote:
BeautifulTechno wrote:
Jono wrote:
BeautifulTechno wrote:

Not your fault. I'm often bad at understanding metaphors generally.

No, you just had a different perspective - it's rather understandable that getting across a metaphor leads you to various views and you have to choose one. It isn't a bad thing - you were civil and tried to establish a point that's valid.