Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

MrJudah
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Apr 2013, 9:00 pm

Let me start off by saying I USED to talk to 50+ people a day and most of them I considered friends but that all changed when I stop living the dark side of life about 7 years ago. Of all the people I used to talk to and consider friends I can honestly say I have one left. I've tried to contact some of the ones who followed my lead and changed there lives but I've either been told to screw off or ignored completely..

I'm in college now and I do talk to people in my class but I wouldn't exactly consider them friends. I don't even have any of them on Facebook.

None of this really bothered me until my daughter's mother and I split (she cheated and abused me). I'm not sure exactly why it bothers me so much now but maybe it's because she kept telling me I would have nothing if I left her...

Basically what I'm trying to ask everyone here is that how should I go about making new friends? I go on a two week break at the end of this week from college (term ending) and I feel like I'm going to go slightly insane having nothing to distract me....

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Apr 2013, 11:50 am

The only way I made friends was by working with a couple people who were willing to give me a chance & reach out to me. Or by making friends on forums; they stayed online friendships but they were still friends. Posting here & reaching out to message members might help distract you. I'm sorry I don't have anything more helpful

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

MrJudah
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Apr 2013, 12:06 am

Even though it's advice I've been trying for awhile I really appreciate the effort in you trying to help me :)

Klowglas
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2013, 12:26 am

I think you're supposed to use one of these:

Or if you're skilled use these (bolas):

(replace bird with a person, horse is optional)

Good luck!