Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Andras
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2013, 3:19 pm

I have been following the development of Starbound since day one and I'm so hyped about it.

What is Starbound you ask? Well you could see it as Terarria's spiritual successor. Oh and if you don't know what Terarria is, it's kinda like a 2d Minecraft. Starbound is a 2d game where you can explore many different planets which have all kinds of enemies, items to collect, materials and so on.

I just love to explore the unknown to discover all these planets/items/enemies :D . You start out on planets with a low "level warning". A low level warning means that there is a low amount of enemies so it's safe to start out there with your "newbie" gear. Gradually you get stronger by making better equipment from the materials you collect and thus you will be able to visit more dangerous planets which house rarer materials to make even stronger equipment. There are even quests and story based missions. Oh and the fact that you can play this online cooperatively is a huge plus.

Has anyone else been following the development of Starbound or am I the only one on WP? :P

> Website <

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2013, 3:48 pm

Yes

Though I'd rather they make the game then spend time building a website to let you know how incomplete it is :P

Klowglas
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2013, 4:09 pm

Yesss, I've been keeping an eye on it for awhile. Although I'm predicting it's gonna get pushed back to next year if the release date isn't released soon.

Apparently it has a neat director mode which greatly enhances the Roleplay possiblities, that's the main reason I'm looking forward to it.

xMistrox
Toucan
Toucan

18 Apr 2013, 4:26 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed Terraria and have been looking forward to Starbound since around the time it was announced. I still play Terraria from time to time, I wish they had done more with the mechanical system before they ended development. When I first picked it up I played with some of my online friends, and then my offline friends got into it too till they dropped the project. I enjoy building underground bunkers and farms for the mushrooms and various plants, as well as making anti-zombie defenses.

From what I expect, it should be much better and I'm hoping for a similar or better mechanical system.

RAADS-R: 189 total
Diagnosed 9/2013

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2013, 12:08 pm

I'm interested in it, but I've not been keeping an eye on it. I can wait until it comes out.

Andras
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2013, 1:03 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I'm interested in it, but I've not been keeping an eye on it. I can wait until it comes out.
Give it another year and it might be released. They keep delaying the release so i expect it to be very polished. :)