Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Which Animal Crossing games do you have?
Animal Crossing (GameCube) 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
AC: Wild World (DS) 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
AC: City Folk/Let's Go to the City (Wii) 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Two of the three 27%  27%  [ 7 ]
All Three 35%  35%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 26

shaymin
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 May 2013, 7:48 pm

I was addicted to the Gamecube one a while ago. Reading this makes me want to play again. :)

Never played the other two, although the DS one seems better than the Wii one because it's portable. I'll probably buy the 3DS one when it comes out, which will apparently be June 9. :)

AQ Score: 40/50 (very high)

Aspie score: 174 of 200
NT score: 22 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Violetvee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 May 2013, 8:35 pm

I love Animal Crossing, especially City Folk, and I really love it when I get to start the town and everything, which has only happened since I became the only one to actually play it. My dad's got the 3DS version pre-ordered at GameStop, I'm just wondering how it's gonna work with more than one person playing the game :P

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 1:35 pm

I managed to catch all the fish and insects in the CG version but not the other two games. Trying to net bees instead of being viciously stung may be impossible except in Gamecube where going to my inventory to grab the net is like pausing the game including the bees, and if you stand behind the trees while shaking they circle around it a few times before stinging. In the Wii game I managed to catch a Scorpion once because I happened to be on a slightly higher ground than the little bugger and although it ran up to me with my net out it couldn't get up to sting me. :lol: Is it weird that I've played the role of both a boy and a girl just to see the variation (and to decorate more houses)? :) In the Wii version I have two boy and two girls and they're named after my parents, my brother, and myself. I haven't played in ages, however, and I can't bear the thought of seeing my beautiful village full of weeds and my home packed with roaches and the animals freaking out over my long hibernation. Oh, and wicked bed-hair. :lol:

I like the Able Sisters and really enjoyed being able to create my own designs and seeing animals wearing them. I also like the stories Sable tells you when she finally warms up, and the sort of drama between them and their sister in the city. I noticed that old building where that skunk shines shoes may be the short-lived store Tom Nook had when he lived in the city... but I wish they had the tropical island you could visit with your GBA in the first game.

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 10:57 am

This series is so cute. (: Although I haven't played the Wii game yet.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 5:12 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Trying to net bees instead of being viciously stung may be impossible except in Gamecube where going to my inventory to grab the net is like pausing the game including the bees, and if you stand behind the trees while shaking they circle around it a few times before stinging.

Yeah, I noticed that (in the DS game). I was thinking you probably have to invite a friend to your town to shake the tree while you have your net ready.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 6:40 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:
Trying to net bees instead of being viciously stung may be impossible except in Gamecube where going to my inventory to grab the net is like pausing the game including the bees, and if you stand behind the trees while shaking they circle around it a few times before stinging.

Yeah, I noticed that (in the DS game). I was thinking you probably have to invite a friend to your town to shake the tree while you have your net ready.

No, it's doable in DS; sometimes the bees will swarm for a few seconds and that's your chance to catch them. It happens once in a while, which is how I caught them in DS.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Nightmax
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 May 2013, 3:03 pm

Awesome series, I used to play it for hours. Still got a lot of the dialogue in my head, Tom Nook's in particular. :)

lacycurtains
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 May 2013, 4:29 pm

DS player, here. I had a game going for nearly two years, then my grandson got tired of playing his character in my town and decided to start his own town. :(

On the other hand, he didn't destroy the cartridge like he did Nintedogs. That one he left teeth marks in to damage it so he wouldn't have to tell me the dogs I'd been playing for four years were gone because his stepbrother didn't like them.
The game wasn't supposed to leave my house.

Needless to say, but look, I'm saying it anyway! Needless to say, he no longer has access to my DS. He's ten, btw.