If you could make a movie what would it be about?

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2013, 10:45 am

What the subject says.

How do NTs do that?

Last edited by Dhawal on 20 Apr 2013, 10:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

Highlander852456
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Apr 2013, 10:49 am

Somewhere in the distant galaxy to spaceships meet. Not very creative or original, but why not.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2013, 11:23 am

I like the idea of making a very atmospheric horror film.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2013, 11:55 am

Since the odds of me making a movie are only a little better than the odds that John Wayne will come back to life, whatever movie I make will star John Wayne.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2013, 12:02 pm

A young farm boy in 1930's USA leaves his family and gets a job with the circus. Not in the main show, but as The Wild Man of Borneo in the sideshow. He becomes one of the family of 'freaks' who make up the sideshow, but not really being physically different gives him a unique outlook on how these people are treated. He has to help out whenever one of the circus people gets attacked by angry townsfolk, and being familiar with the distilling of moonshine proves to be a valuable talent. The giantess in the show takes a fancy to him, but he likes the female trombone player with the band. The boss of the sideshow keeps telling him how much money he could make if he married the giantess and they were displayed as the world's oddest couple, but he rejects the idea of marrying a woman he doesn't really love.

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2013, 12:39 pm

A spiritual sequel to Juno, focusing on an adopted boy named Jupiter.

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2013, 1:38 pm

All about dragons! What else would I make? :)

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2013, 2:01 pm

I have a couple of ideas.

1. Five young homeless friends, plagued by drug abuse and mental illness, face their biggest challenge when the abandoned building they call home is designated for destruction. I'd call it "Strung Out."
2. The best and brightest students of a popular high school are being killed one by one by a goth-inspired clown and one student is faced the task of bringing him to justice. I'd call this one "Tears of a Clown."
3. An ex-prostitute returns to her hometown after prison to reboot her life. When men of the community start turning up dead, all eyes point to her as the perp. I'd call this one "Iron Maiden."
4. Six lonely souls, one tragic outcome. Three couples in the city of never ending rain get caught up in an interwoven story of betrayal, jealousy and murder. I'd call this one "Wetland."
5. n 1960, the seven survivors of a cruise ship disaster discover an uncharted island near the Bermuda triangle which its only two residents-in-exile, Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun, call home. One of the survivors, the ship’s German-born captain who is facing a jail sentence back in Florida, must choose between his loyalty to America or gaining riches in aiding in the redevelopment of the Third Reich. I'd call this one "Stranded In Paradise."

Good ideas all. Maybe I should get to writing their screenplays. Oh wait. I did already. Never mind.

charcoalsketches
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Apr 2013, 3:35 pm

I, in fact, have a good collection of movie ideas that Hollywood would gleefully reject. One is about two guys who have about a week to come up with the rent or they would be kicked out. They find that they can get money by entering a contest for directing films. Keep in mind, this is about guys who love movies. Watching movies is all they do. So, they spend plenty of time trying their hardest to come up with ideas for a movie. What we get to see are snippets of their movie ideas. So, basically, it is a film festival inside one whole film, which is kind of like Be Kind, Rewind, but with more original movie ideas that hadn't been touched yet.

The other one is about a woman who isn't very giving to poor and homeless. So, one day she gets fired for a job, and has a tough time trying to find a place where she could earn money. That is when someone recommends to her this place where people apply and be trained to be/act broke and homeless for money. It's a comedy of sorts.

Those are the two movie ideas I currently have out of, like, four or five that I have written down.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2013, 4:28 pm

I was thinking of a prequel to twilight to show edward's earlier years, and spoiler alert, it takes place in the same town as to kill a mockingbird. I'd let the plot for to kill a mocking bird take over up to the point where they talk about boo Ridley because he and Edward are really the same, you never see him in the sun. At the end of the movie he takes his shirt off in front of the courthouse and while he's glittering he says "I'm going up to Washington so I can wait 70 years for my wife to be born". Then the credits roll.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2013, 5:43 pm

It would be a thriller with an Aspie as the main character.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2013, 5:54 pm

There are many good films with great scripts like Inception, The Matrix, Existenz, Equilibrium, The Terminator, Total Recall. I would definitely go for something science fiction, I do like the idea of parallel universes, time travel and lucid dreaming but those ideas have been used in science fiction films again and again.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2013, 6:36 pm

I would do one based on the comic book Concrete.

Last edited by VIDEODROME on 20 Apr 2013, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2013, 6:52 pm

I've noticed that there have been a lot of dog movies lately, so I would like to make a cat movie that is funny, family-friendly, and fun to watch.

arnoldmcguire335
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Apr 2013, 7:35 pm

Probably a story about an Aspie who got injusticed for something he didn't do, and goes on a mission to spread Asperger awareness throughout America, starting at his hometown in Fairfield, CA, going all the way across America, with the finish line being Disneyland. At the end, the one who framed him ends up confessing he did the crime and gets punished, and a law that gives Aspies equal rights is declared.

I got inspired by the movie Soul Surfer for that idea.

Samniss Arandeen
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Dec 2014, 1:24 pm

A group of people living their lives as they see fit, and catching legal, social and political flack for it.

"Now I've got something I want to protect. It's you." -Howl Pendragon
"I must be on another planet." -Daria Morgendorffer
"I volunteer! I volunteer as Tribute!" -Katniss Everdeen