Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

PixieXW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Apr 2013, 1:55 pm

I love making up stories in my head where I am the main character and sometimes- like today- I still really want to play with my reborn dolls and which I could take them places with me. I wish I was still young enough to push them in their pram and I know it's wrong for a sixteen year old! Does anyone else do anything they're socially too old for? Or want to do things they are too old for?

Hopetobe
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Apr 2013, 2:23 pm

It´s NOT wrong even if you are 16 years old! Unusual, but not wrong.

In your age I was the same. I still wanted to play like a little girl. I played with Barbie dolls with my cousin, who is 8 years younger than me. I was upset when my cousin grew up and I couldn´t play with her anymore (she was youngest in our family, so I have no one else to play with). In my twenties I wanted to buy Barbies, hide them and secretly play with them when I was alone. But I didn´t have the courage and didn´t have any place to hide them so my family members couldn´t find them. Finally, about a year ago, I bought some and hid them to my bed. But when I tried to play with them pretend, I foudn out I´m no more able to. Maybe now I really grew up, lol.

My advice to you is play secretely if you can and have fun :)

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

20 Apr 2013, 9:07 pm

I guess I don't do things that are "too young" for me anymore, but there's nothing wrong with being interested in age-inappropriate things. Take some of the older My Little Pony fans, for example.

I wouldn't worry about it.

TheAnguishedOne
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Apr 2013, 9:37 am

I'm almost 15 and I am exactly the same. I've invented entire elaborate worlds. It comforts me sometimes to just slip into one.

MusicalWonders
Raven
Raven

24 Apr 2013, 2:48 pm

I didn't realize having an imagination was bad. It makes you creative and fun. :p

Martian_Child
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Apr 2013, 8:14 pm

All of the above!! ^^ You've got to keep in touch with your inner kid. So many people get older and forget what it's like to be six or twelve or fourteen. Never forget! It's like The Lion King. "Don't forget who you are, Simba." Your imagination is boundless -- a realm where you can create anything and everything, go wherever, be whoever, do whatever. I mean, look at Disney: Cinderella, Mickey Mouse, Beauty & The Beast, Aladdin. PIXAR: Finding Nemo, Wall-E.. All of those movies required creative insight. :)

ranel
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 May 2013, 7:00 am

I am 23 and I still have way too much imagination. Since I was a kid, I created my own inner world and my alter ego in my head. Of course, everything in this inner world (places, characters) grew up with me. I always found it weird to have all this imagination at my age, and I always fear that if people find out, they'll think I am ret*d or something. But I think that imagination helps me deal with the overwhelming reality that is around me, so I don't wish it would stop.
Also, I have an inner child and although I can be very mature at times, I really like doing kid stuff. I actually play a lot with children, and find easier to talk to them (and to people much older than me too). My favorite thing to do with kids is swings and spinning in circles. :D
There is nothing wrong with imagination, I think that people who don't have imagination have a rather sad life.

Rosaletta
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 May 2013, 3:28 pm

Oh yes, I do! I've collected plastic animals for many years, and I have played with them for just as many :) I have given all of them a name and have created a whole society, really. I love doing it, and it helps me when I need to get away from everything for a while.

Having an active imagination is a beautiful thing, so I definitely mean that there's nothing wrong with this, and that we shouldn't need to feel ashamed in any way... but I have never told anyone about this, because I am sort of ashamed.

SultanLiam
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 May 2013, 2:20 am

Do I still have an imagination? Sure! :D My imagination is quite vivid. I write my stories down, it gives me something to do! I just finished one story that ran for more than one hundred thousand words. I remember my sister (an NT) telling that I never lost my childhood imagination, until then, I didn't realise people lost it!

chlov
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2013, 7:22 am

Actually, I've always thought that imagination was not just a childhood thing.

Even adults can have great imaginations.
Writers and film makers are adults, and some of them, like J.K. Rowling, C.S. Lewis or Stanley Kubrick have/have had great imagination.
And nobody seems to think they do/did something wrong.

Amberlena
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jun 2013, 8:13 pm

I'm 15 years old, and I still love playing with my Littlest Pet Shop.