Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

speeding_bullet
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Mar 2005, 3:15 am

how important is regular bathing to you?

Asparval
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2005, 4:41 am

I have a routine of showering every morning. I couldn't not do it.

I have a bath occasionally (about every two weeks) and usually because there is too much noise and too many people in the house and I need to have some peace on my own.

I use showering to keep clean and bathing to relax.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2005, 4:42 am

Very.

I can't stand people who stink, and i've got an obsession about wanting to feel clean.

I have heaps of smelly bodywashes, shampoos, conditioners, scented oil sprays and yummy moisterisers that I use.

However I don't really like having a shower, an i'm a procrastinator, but I force myself to have one at least once-twice a day.

Young_fogey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Mar 2005, 10:09 am

I'm like NTs now, showering nearly every day (exception: if I know I'm not going out of the house or seeing anyone that day) but as a kid and into my teens it was a battleground with my parents because thanks to the AS I hated the distraction from my interests and I had a sensory issue, a strange phobia about the shower if it was too dark in the bathroom - I'd get claustrophobic. (Closed-in stalls or even a curtained tub made that worse.)

Actually when I joined a YMCA gym a couple of years ago the locker-room shower creeped me out exactly for that reason, even though it was communal and not physically claustrophobic - it was dimly lit.

My bathroom at home now is nice and bright - probably a subliminal reason why I chose that apartment! - with a shower curtain that's translucent. It doesn't freak me that it's small.

Gim
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Mar 2005, 11:57 am

I like baths a lot and I take a bath whenever allowed. :twisted:

Mockingbird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2005, 12:23 pm

I take a shower every day when it's warm, and every other day when it's cold. I also take aromatherapy baths for chronic chest pain(left over from some heart problems I had a while back). I love showers/baths...water calms me and relaxes me and it's just so pleasant:)

chamoisee
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2005, 2:07 pm

Not very important for cleanliness reasons, but I take them frequenlty anyway. They are my getaway and stress reliever.

synchro
Toucan
Toucan

25 Mar 2005, 2:25 pm

I bathe twice daily. Usually in the morning or afternoon after weight training, then again in the evening after cardio. Cleanliness is important to me and I dislike being greasy and odorous.

I like feeling clean when I get into bed at night, unless I'm outdoors in a sleeping bag. Then cleanliness doesn't matter as much.

Therblig
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Mar 2005, 3:01 pm

I love getting in the shower after exercising and baths can be very relaxing as well.

I take a shower at least once a day because I can't stand feeling dirty.

However, if I'm at a place like a dorm or a gym (public shower) than I get very tentative about showering.

solstice
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Mar 2005, 3:40 pm

Gotta shower every day. In fact, I find myself almost unable to leave the house if I haven't had a shower. I'm probably borderline OCD in that if I can't follow my routine: shave, shower, put in contacts, do my hair, I can get pretty stressed out. It is OK if I have to wait several hours after getting up to do this, but it's got to be done at some point in the day.

When I read that a lot of Aspies don't take regular showers or baths, I was a bit surprised.

Tally
Toucan
Toucan

25 Mar 2005, 4:18 pm

I hate feeling dirty or sweaty. I have a shower every day after work. I would shower more often if I allowed myelf to. I love feeling clean. I use a lot of talc after my shower to make sure I am completely dry, and because it feels nice. It makes my skin dry, but I just can't stop using it.

ZedSimon
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2005, 5:10 pm

A bath and a hair wash every day. I've yet to take my first shower - I doubt I'd enjoy a shower as much as a bath. But I probably would enjoy the sunlamp on the ceiling when I towel off, if I ever have time to remember it's there.

speeding_bullet
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Mar 2005, 6:04 pm

wow you guys are alot different than me. on school nights, I bathe but I cant wash my face and shoulders good enough (not counting hair), which is why there are zits all over them. Then, on the weekends, I dont bathe untill sunday, unless im going somewere.

V111
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Mar 2005, 1:54 am

I only take showers have not used a bathtub in years. Depends on if iam outside if I take one everyday and or other grimy work. If not maybe no more than 3 days without one. On the other hand i wash my hands a bit. Showers dry my skin out so every day is too rough.

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2005, 11:48 am

I take a shower everytime I have to put on shoes. I have a very poor sense of smell, so not showering doesn't bother me that much. I do pretty much nothing physical 90% of the day, so showering simply isn't that necessary.
When I was young, I would skip the bath, wash hands and feet, and just wet the towel. This in itself is probably a result of a cleanliness-required mentality: Jumping in a bath after 6 of your siblings has been in it doesn't leave particularly clean water, and I had a phobia about germs. Dirt itself isn't full of germs, really. If I had the bath first, then no problems.

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2005, 2:51 pm

I take a shower daily. The water must be HOT. 120 degrees Farenheit is for wimps. When i get out of the shower i want to be RED. I havent chechd but i think it is about 140F.