Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

mikassyna
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2013, 8:25 am

My 3 favorite Bowie songs:

1) Modern Love (always makes me happy hearing it!)
2) Let's Dance
3) China Girl

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2013, 12:35 pm

Probably the best cover of a Bowie song ever:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaOC9danxNo[/youtube]

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2013, 12:49 pm

^ Oh snap, that was beautiful.

:::)

Bubbles137
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2013, 12:51 pm

Fogman wrote:
Probably the best cover of a Bowie song ever:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaOC9danxNo[/youtube]

That is genuinely the most amazing thing I have seen in a very long time- THANK YOU for posting. The original of that song usually really freaks me out but this cover is amazing.

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2013, 1:19 pm

I don't really have favorites.
Every song is special in some way for different moods.

Two from the new album that has really been repeated by me are Boss Of Me and Heat.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_ql5IoVcro[/youtube]

:::)

Bubbles137
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2013, 3:58 pm

I was childminding this afternoon and spent about an hour introducing the ten year old to Bowie (Five Years, Starman, Suffragette City and Rock and Roll Suicide) via Youtube and teaching him to play them on guitar :) he seemed to really like them! I had a great time, lol, got a bit overexcited and was jumping up and down and smiling a lot and he seemed to enjoy it too.

AinsleyHarte
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 May 2013, 5:01 pm

Bubbles137 wrote:
AinsleyHarte wrote:
Hah, I had 'Under Pressure' on repeat today, though today was more of a Queen-obsessive day for once.

David Bowie has been one of my special interests ever since I was a little kid and first saw Labyrinth. My mom is a fan of his music, so I was exposed to it quite early on.

What's your favourite album? I'm listening to Hunky Dory on repeat atm- I love love love Quicksand and Fill Your Heart...and Changes and Life on Mars. Can't listen to Andy Warhol though, the introduction hurts my ears. My favourite ever Bowie song is Rock and Roll Suicide.

I have such a hard time picking my favorite album! It changes with my mood, but I typically count Let's Dance, Hunky Dory, and The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust as my favorites. I've become quite a fan of The Next Day recently, after a period of transition and acceptance for the new sound.

Favorite songs (in current order of interest):
1) Life on Mars?
2) Where Are We Now?
3) Under Pressure
4) The Man Who Sold The World
5) If You Can See Me (more for the lyrics than musical composition - it's a little overstimulating but I LOVE the lyrics.)

Aspie score: 180 / 200 - NT score: 25 / 200
Aloof: 112 / Rigid: 109 / Pragmatic: 117
AQ: 47

AinsleyHarte
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 May 2013, 5:16 pm

Bubbles137 wrote:
I was childminding this afternoon and spent about an hour introducing the ten year old to Bowie (Five Years, Starman, Suffragette City and Rock and Roll Suicide) via Youtube and teaching him to play them on guitar :) he seemed to really like them! I had a great time, lol, got a bit overexcited and was jumping up and down and smiling a lot and he seemed to enjoy it too.

That sounds like a fun time! I wish I knew how to play the guitar. I picked one up over the summer and taught myself the Imperial March, but then the house was populated with people again and I got anxious about letting people hear me play, so I stopped trying to teach myself in favor of a quieter hobby that didn't attract attention.

I love introducing kids to my favorite musicians - I feel like I'm doing a good deed for society. Haha.

Aspie score: 180 / 200 - NT score: 25 / 200
Aloof: 112 / Rigid: 109 / Pragmatic: 117
AQ: 47

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2013, 7:55 pm

I like his music. I was obsessed with the movie Labyrinth when I was 7 or 8 years old. Late 1980s. The music was a big part of that movie.

Bubbles137
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 12:42 am

AinsleyHarte wrote:
Bubbles137 wrote:

That sounds like a fun time! I wish I knew how to play the guitar. I picked one up over the summer and taught myself the Imperial March, but then the house was populated with people again and I got anxious about letting people hear me play, so I stopped trying to teach myself in favor of a quieter hobby that didn't attract attention.

I love introducing kids to my favorite musicians - I feel like I'm doing a good deed for society. Haha.[/quote

It was great- one of the best afternoons I've had! I love childminding kids at that age, I usually get on with them really well (especially as most of the kids who 'latch on' to me and then ask their parents if i can babysit are the 'quirky' ones who don't really fit in at school but are really nice at home). Kind of ironic how I have lots of ten year old 'friends' now but never had any when I was ten!

I'm teaching myself guitar- only been learning about a month but it's a current obsession so I'm practising several hours a day. I love it, it makes me feel really good. My parents are away a lot so I usually have the house to myself- I can relate to not wanting people to hear and I find it a lot harder when they're back. It took a long time to work up to playing in front of the boy I was childminding, especially as he wanted me to sing as well which I'm TERRIBLE at, but he was playing in front of me so it wouldn't have been fair. Kids are amazing, they tell you you're good even if you know you're not.

I love introducing kids to my favourite music (and books) too :) one of the kids I babysit (also ten) is now obsessed with Harry Potter, and another eleven year old likes Pink Floyd (I only showed him 'child-friendly' tracks though. like Wish You Were Here and Learning to Fly). I'm always a bit worried it's not age-appropriate especially with Youtube videos but compared to a lot of the music their friends listen to, it's a million times better for them I think!

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 10:48 am

SoulcakeDuck wrote:
I don't really have favorites.
Every song is special in some way for different moods.

Two from the new album that has really been repeated by me are Boss Of Me and Heat.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_ql5IoVcro[/youtube]

Heh, that's the same title as that They Might Be Giants song.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html