Hello I'm 17, have no friends at all,feeling left out,help?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

tyty
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Apr 2013, 5:10 pm

hello I'm Tyler i am a teenager with aspergers and i am new to Wrong Planet.
i wanted to share and ask for some kindness and support from other teens with aspergers. I am feeling very emotionally down and feel like i will have absolutely no one in my life my own age who i can have anything in common with at this point.
my parents recently got me withdrawn from my previous school because i was very sad and felt very alone and they knew i am in bad shape(as far as making friends). i have had a rough teenage life pretty much in public schools all my life.

i used to have a couple of guys i would hang out with at the charter school i used to go to for about 4 months until they started to not talk to me even after i would try my best to say hello and even send a text message.
I am a military child my father was in the military for 23 years. the U.S. Army to be exact. which i am sure was part of why i didn't get to get to know more people because of continuous moving. i live in the state of Ohio right now.

i really need some guidance i was teased and basically ignored by people in elementary,middle, and currently high school.
i have been thinking about dropping out of high school because i feel like i will have nothing to live for and be happy about anyway. :cry:
i would be more than happy to get to know other teens who have dealt with the same issues as me.
i would appreciate any support and advice that i should think about to make new friends. thank you.
sincerely,
Tyler Schofield

DonkeyBuster
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2013, 5:19 pm

Hi Tyler,
I'm not a teen, not even close. Just wanted to say Hi & encourage you to hang in there. And I remember how much it sucks to be a teen. But it does get a lot better as you get older. Each day look for the good things: the incredible orange color of an orange, the lovely feel of thick flannel, the smell of my dog...I make it a practice to really relish those bits & it keeps me going.
Take care...and welcome to WP
DB

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2013, 5:46 pm

you're almost done with high school. might as well finish. you never know what life will bring your way. best to be prepared.

welcome to WP.

Adamantius
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Apr 2013, 6:34 pm

I've read from successful Aspies, that they have made friends through their special interests. Does your special interest have a meetup at a physical location? Conferences? Expos?

Meetups Finder

kabouter
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Apr 2013, 6:35 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet, there is an Adolescent Autism Forum, so have a look at it, you will probably find more people around your age there.

Adolescence is not an easy time, but most people get through it. What I found useful was joining clubs etc based around your interests, it gets you out and people with special interests are more concerned about their interest and someone who is a little weird.

The other thing to try is volunteering, again its about doing something useful and meeting other people.

Stick with high school if you can, or try and get a job. The problem can be that you now need better qualifications to get an interesting job.

Hang in there

allegrorules
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Apr 2013, 9:32 pm

Hi Tyler, I am a teenage girl with AS. I have had the same issues when I was in school (I now homeschool which is very nice). I was bullied since kinder garden and it's not fun at all. My suggestion is to find friends outside of school. If you have a hobby, try to get involved with a group that shares the interest. I find that I get along better with people considerably older than me.

I don't know if that helps at all.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2013, 7:02 am

Welcome Tyler, I can relate to some of what you're saying, I think you'll at least find some people online if you stick around here.
Send a PM if you wish

ASDsmom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2013, 8:03 pm

tyty wrote:
i really need some guidance i was teased and basically ignored by people in elementary,middle, and currently high school. i have been thinking about dropping out of high school because i feel like i will have nothing to live for and be happy about anyway. :cry: i would be more than happy to get to know other teens who have dealt with the same issues as me.
i would appreciate any support and advice that i should think about to make new friends. thank you.
sincerely,

Can I first suggest that you remove your name? It's just not safe for you to post it because people will be able to track you down - address, high school, etc (I'm a mom).

I had to respond to your post because I have a pre-teen boy (with HFA) who will be entering high school in September (2013). My greatest fear for him is written in your post. I've had many talks with him already, to help support his self-esteem, including talks about girls. Lets face it, high school is hard on MANY, MANY people so with this, you are not alone. We ALL have our own individual struggles.

You are 17 years old which means you are ALMOST DONE!! (with high school) Don't give up just yet because life is just about to begin for you. I'm sorry you don't have any friends RIGHT NOW and I know that must suck for you. Here's a story I told my son, just recently:

Once upon a time, I had a (male) friend. He was super nice, intelligent, giving and thoughtful.. he was also a bit of a DORK. I didn't find him attractive AT ALL.. but he was a really good friend of mine and spent many hours together. He stayed focussed on his career choice (police work) and did everything he could to achieve his goals. At one point, he asked me to be his girlfriend. I turned him down and we remained (akward) friends until I moved away. When he turned 26 years old, he met his first girlfriend. (He wrote me a letter to tell me so). She was very sweet and their relationship lasted 6 YEARS. When I met up with him again, after all those years, I realized .. wow, what was I thinking???? He was soooooo boyfriend material!! He just hadn't "grown into himself" when I knew him last. When his relationship ended, he had met someone new.. someone who ADORED him. Someone who MARRIED him (eventually) .. I think he was around 36 years of age. He is currently happily married with the woman of his dreams.

I'm sharing with you this story because you are my friend.. except for the fact that you're wanting to quit. My friend was not a quitter - and neither should you be. You DON'T know what's ahead of you and I will say this..

If you drop out of high school, it'll be HARDER for you to make those personal connections. At the very least, people want to be surrounded by positive people and/or people who have ambition. Everything else will fall into place.

High school is a time of akwardness. It's a time of self-discovery. It's a time to swear when you need to and cry at your mistakes. Then, you GRADUATE. A new door opens up and with the right focus, something good will come your way.

*** Get your high school diploma. You REALLY DO NEED IT.

younginflavor18
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Apr 2013, 5:56 am

Hello tyty, I'm not a teenager anymore as I am in my early 20s but I want to give you some helpful advice hands down, just hang in there and everything's gonna be okay for you, man. Even the most self-confident teenager can feel overwhelmed and discouraged when looking for friends who are the same age as you. I just don't want you feeling discouraged as I was your age, and encourgae you to write a list of the good qualities you have and do things that will keep you motivated.

I heard you're gonna graduate high school and I wish you luck at your graduation. If you're head straight to college, I heard things get better over there than high school.

Welcome to Wrong Planet and you'll always find good friends here.

Mitrovah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Apr 2013, 9:18 pm

tyty wrote:
hello I'm Tyler i am a teenager with aspergers and i am new to Wrong Planet.
i wanted to share and ask for some kindness and support from other teens with aspergers. I am feeling very emotionally down and feel like i will have absolutely no one in my life my own age who i can have anything in common with at this point.
my parents recently got me withdrawn from my previous school because i was very sad and felt very alone and they knew i am in bad shape(as far as making friends). i have had a rough teenage life pretty much in public schools all my life.

i used to have a couple of guys i would hang out with at the charter school i used to go to for about 4 months until they started to not talk to me even after i would try my best to say hello and even send a text message.
I am a military child my father was in the military for 23 years. the U.S. Army to be exact. which i am sure was part of why i didn't get to get to know more people because of continuous moving. i live in the state of Ohio right now.

i really need some guidance i was teased and basically ignored by people in elementary,middle, and currently high school.
i have been thinking about dropping out of high school because i feel like i will have nothing to live for and be happy about anyway. :cry:
i would be more than happy to get to know other teens who have dealt with the same issues as me.
sincerely,
Tyler Schofield

definitely not a an IVY league university candidate even though you are probably smarter and more of a human being than most of those picture perfect pretending valiance Victorians c***s. only because you didn't start self promoting yourself the day you gained self awarense(cant spell XD) with extra circular activities (if i Spelled that right) anyway I digress. the world in my experience the world will try to punish anyone who tries to be a genuine, unpretentious human being who keeps it real.

Try at the very least to learn how to maneuver around people, and if you got the skill use them. don't become to attached to people or expect much from them. In short don't trust anyone but your family and your self. if you can't make friends there is no shame being close to your family