Have you made the someone of the opposite gender feel weird?

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 3:59 am

Have I?

Most of the people I hang out right now refer to me as a person that pays quite a lot of attention to anything you may have to say and actually remembers it months after as a good thing(Ive been making a point to hang around people that actually want me around)

Up until not too long ago this was described as:
Creepy/weird/whatever

Obviously you shouldnt care about what others have to say right? and having the memory to remember tiny details when they dont? that
is just annoying so I had to have some hidden motives...

USAF99
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 May 2013, 9:59 pm

I am an undiagnosed aspie and I feel like I creep out members of the opposite sex all the time. I've been told I stare. I'm not aware if I am or not. Unfortunately this has lead to nasty comments, ugly looks and me feeling as if I creep out every woman on the planet except for my wife. (That's a WHOLE 'nother story.) :(

jwfess
Raven
Raven

10 May 2013, 10:24 pm

Sometimes when I talk I use hand gestures to explain things. I've seen a couple women flinch and back up when I do so, as if I'm about to backhand them!

LittlePenguin22
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 May 2013, 11:00 pm

jwfess wrote:
Sometimes when I talk I use hand gestures to explain things. I've seen a couple women flinch and back up when I do so, as if I'm about to backhand them!

That's because too many of us have been smacked around by a**hats and it has made us paranoid. The other day, my bf, who has never been violent towards me in any way, and I were in the kitchen cooking (ok, I was stirring, he was cooking, I get points for trying.) and there was a knife laying by us on the counter. He wanted me to close my eyes and I couldn't do it because I was terrified he was going to do something to me or pretend to do something to me with the knife because in the past I dated guys like that. I wouldn't close them until i had the knife in my hand. He wanted to give me a kiss. I felt like a dick.