Have you made the someone of the opposite gender feel weird?

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2013, 5:11 pm

Hey this is a thread for all of you guys who have creeped out someone of the opposite gender unintentionally.
Don't say anything if it has scarred you, no need to open old wounds.
Be friendly and just have fun.

In my own experience, I have had one such situation. I am a guy, and I creeped out a girl.

This one time as I ran to the cafe in the downstairs of the Cisler Center at LSSU in Sault Ste. Marie, I did not have my glasses on. I saw this very attractive lady, I think. And I was squinting at her and blinking my eyes trying to see what the heck she looked like. Unknown to me she was only five feet away from me and probably saw me. I suspect she thought I was drunk because she must have called her boyfriend cause she didn't leave without someone with her. It was really funny to me afterwards when talking to my friends about it so it did not affect my confidence at all.

Now you guys share your stories.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

24 Apr 2013, 6:28 pm

I mostly creep out the same gender. The opposite gender usually either ignores me or is nice to me.

The same gender either ignores me, hates me, is creeped out, or jealous.

WildTaltos
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2013, 6:39 pm

I creeped uot a woman enogh to maek her pepper spray me in th face. Thats as far as details go, but gues that wuold have been crepiest I evre been lol.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2013, 8:11 pm

<--- Been pepper sprayed but it wasn't for creeping a girl out.

Rose313
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Apr 2013, 8:22 pm

I'm a woman and one of my ex co-workers told me I was "creepy" because I am too quiet. But he was also a loudmouth who didn't know when to shut up, so I guess anyone not talking literally constantly is creepy in his eyes.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2013, 10:01 pm

I too ''over the top'' to be creepy towards ladies, but some ladies has found me very annoying.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2013, 10:54 pm

I know I have but few people have ever been able to articulate WHY.

...I suspect it's most likely about how I look (or don't look) at other people... a few seconds too long or too short, averting eyes when I should connect, connecting when I should look away...

The NT world is so amazingly subtle in this regard, and quite unforgiving in the long haul. :(

...but that's my best guess.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2013, 11:21 pm

ALL the effing time! Every goddamned day. :(

Bry6n
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Apr 2013, 11:23 pm

Yeah, recently actually. She hasn't spoken to me for 121 days, and 22 minutes.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2013, 10:13 am

Tyri0n wrote:
I mostly creep out the same gender. The opposite gender usually either ignores me or is nice to me.

This, although I'm so oblivious that there's a solid chance I'm just miss out on the signs I'm creeping guys out.

I do recall one time when I sent a guy I was seeing flowers at work, though. Apparently, this falls into the broad category of things that are perfectly fine for a man to do, but 'weird' for a woman to do. He got all upset with me because it led to a lot of teasing from his coworkers. Whatever.

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2013, 11:07 am

I creep out pretty much everyone, without even having to do anything. I'm not too worried about it now though.

Vectorspace
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2013, 12:00 pm

I hope I haven't. Otherwise, I'm really sorry.

Hm... I think I did once involuntarily startle a girl when I entered the laundry room of our building and she didn't hear me. I apologized and she didn't seem mad, but I felt bad for the rest of the day.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2013, 3:43 pm

I have managed to creep a few out by being brutally honest with them "Men like you because you have a nice ass." From another guy it was apparently acceptable, but not from someone she considered a friend or wasn't attacted to.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2013, 4:43 pm

Probably more than I am aware. Apparently I used to "try too hard" and that creeped all the girls out but I can't see how. FFS I know some guys who are REAL creeps and the ladies stick to them like glue. Like Bluemax said no one has been able to articulate what "trying too hard" means. I am about as genuine as they come and have no interest in casual sex or other "creepy" things.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2013, 4:58 pm

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
Probably more than I am aware. Apparently I used to "try too hard" and that creeped all the girls out but I can't see how. FFS I know some guys who are REAL creeps and the ladies stick to them like glue. Like Bluemax said no one has been able to articulate what "trying too hard" means. I am about as genuine as they come and have no interest in casual sex or other "creepy" things.

Casual is code for sincere meaninglessness. :?

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2013, 5:04 pm

Before I got diagnosed I creeped everyone out :(

People seem to have gotten more understanding as I've gotten older, or maybe just being outgoing and positive makes it easier for people to ignore my social mishaps.