Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ASDsmom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2013, 6:43 pm

1) Being interrupted (it loses my train of thought) + (it's rude)
2) People who state an assumption as a FACT and then gossip about it
3) Labels (for example: "Autistic" .. can we pls consider the person first??)
4) Lousy bus etiquettes (When the bus driver says, "Move to the back".. f*****g move!)

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2013, 7:22 am

4) Lousy bus etiquettes (When the bus driver says, "Move to the back".. f*****g move!)[/quote]

I think anyone would be flawed by that attitude. I see it all the time myself.

ASDsmom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2013, 6:29 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
4) Lousy bus etiquettes (When the bus driver says, "Move to the back".. f*****g move!)

I think anyone would be flawed by that attitude. I see it all the time myself.[/quote]

What do you mean?

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2013, 7:31 pm

I ride the bus and have been talked to like that. I mean you are trying to board, get out your bus card as fast as you can and then sit down. Sometimes I struggle and get snapped at.

ASDsmom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2013, 7:50 pm

No, I meant more about the people who ride the bus at the front - blocking the pathway for new people to get on - while there's space at the back. The bus driver constantly reminds people to move on to the back and they just stand there .. barely move.

xMistrox
Toucan
Toucan

30 Apr 2013, 8:23 pm

Most of mine that come to mind relate to manners in general:

-People who slam down their library card and expect me to read their mind or say only one word such as "computer" and expect me to know exactly what they want and do so without a "please" or "thank you".

-People who don't bring their library card with them to the library and complain when I follow policy and tell them they can't use our services or need to replace it next time.

-Hypocritical feminists (one time they refuse help lifting something and say "I'm a big girl, I don't need your help", the next they complain that you didn't offer to help them lift something that was even lighter than the first time).

-Contraditions to rules and in general (requiring something and when asked on the severity they state that it is a "deal breaker", but when it is complained about it is treated as though they never said that and it is the exact opposite). See second statement.

-Stereo systems in cars that shake the windows of buildings as they drive by.

RAADS-R: 189 total
Diagnosed 9/2013

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2013, 9:30 pm

1. My favorite is when someone walks in front of you and then stops or walks really, slowly.
2. Or what about people who chew with their mouths open.
3. Also hearing someone chew food, this is not fun.
4. Another one, is someone embarassing you in front of others by asking or saying something impolite that should be said in private.

GregCav
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2013, 9:38 pm

1. Stupidy in any form, including comody.
2. Comody based on swearing or rudeness toward others.
3. Setups and Jokes by radio or TV, gotcha's in general.
4. Unsolicited phone calls, trying to sell you something you don't want in the first place. (instant blood presure).
5. People standing in isles or doorways, forcing you to walk between them or squeeze past them.
5. Politicians.
6. People who stand in line at the checkout, but don't bother to get their credit card out until it's time to pay for it, then spend 1 minute looking for it. Duh, is it a surprise you needed your card to pay for it?

ThanksHermione
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 May 2013, 4:13 pm

My dad does a few of my pet peeves.

1. He takes the time to tell me stuff that's common sense, sometimes in great detail. So he's Captain Obvious.

2. He asks a lot of questions like an interview and doesn't even try to remember what has been said. I know this because on another day he'll ask me the same question again.

One time he asked a lot of questions about a girl who was helping some friends and I with a high school project. I just met her that very day, yet he drilled me with what I knew about her. She wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary, so I don't know what his deal was. I got really irritated, saying that I neither seen nor heard of her until the day before when one of my friends said that she'd be helping us.

My grandpa, my dad's dad, has been known for doing the same thing for years and my dad complained about it. It has been pointed out to him, but he refuses to acknowledge it. My mom and I have pointed out how annoying his playing 20 questions with us all the time is, but he doesn't stop.

3. Hypocricy

thewrite1
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 May 2013, 9:14 pm

I have many, but here's a few I can name from the top of my head:

1.) the penis/vagina game (there is absolutely NO POINT to yelling such things out loud!)
2.) Farts. Yes, even my own. (It's more the noise than the smell.)
3.) people who give me crap for being a virgin.
4.) people who make fun of me for running everywhere (I find it a very enjoyable activity; plus, I have ADHD it helps me keep calm.)
5.) insects of any variety.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2013, 10:56 pm

Here are some of mine.

People who talk down at me:
People who think its okay to talk to me in a nasty way yet don't do that too their friends:
People who invade my personnal space by standing too close:

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2013, 11:20 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
People

dinetahrisingsun wrote:
people

Ashuahhe wrote:
people

alakazaam wrote:
People

WitchsCat wrote:
People

Gazelle wrote:
People

Madeline wrote:
People

SPtread wrote:

People

Fnord wrote:
People

Mitrovah wrote:
people

ASDsmom wrote:
People

xMistrox wrote:

-People

Gazelle wrote:
people

GregCav wrote:
People

Aprilviolets wrote:

People

Yeah, what they said. :P

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

linuques
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 May 2013, 8:34 am

SPtread wrote:
Holding the door open for someone and having that person not acknowledge you/thank you.

People talking way louder than the situation calls for.

People in the grocery store leaving their carts in the middle of the aisle or standing in the middle of the aisle.

Couldn't agree more!

girly_aspie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 May 2013, 11:36 pm

1. Strangers/near strangers who comment on what I bring to work for lunch, even in a positive way. For some reason that drives me completely up the wall. My food is no one's business.
2. The sound of stock car racing on the television.
3. People who feel the need to share their conversations with everyone in a public place by shouting it.
4. People who make the same point over and over and over again. Yes, I understood the first time. Alternatively, people who keep asking me the same question over and over when I said "I don't know" the first time. It's been three seconds. I still don't know.
5. Men who think a woman who goes out to dinner or to hear a band alone must want their company. No, I'm fine, thanks.

AQ: 44
IQ: 167
Aspie Quiz Result: 185/200
NT result: 22/200
BAP: 132 aloof, 108 rigid and 121 pragmatic

HaySkyNat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 May 2013, 12:06 am

People not obey rules (eg no smoking signs and people still smoke there)
Peoeple invading my personal space
People staring/looking at me especially when I am reading or typing or writing something

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2013, 8:05 am

Even though it's wrong to cut in line, I dislike when another goes and makes a scene with in front of everyone by getting you riled up.

When someone patronizes you as if you are a small child. They say things like, "We are not going to do this or that because we have this problem."

Being denied access to do something in a public place all together rather than being warned three times or pulled to the side.