Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2013, 10:47 pm

Hi:
This is Summer and I wanted to ask which pet peeves can set you off?

Mine:
1. When I am sitting somewhere and someone asks you to scoot down. I do the best that I can and they continue to peruse you by saying, "Would you scoot down?" In cases like that, I are trying to fill their needs but they seem to keep plugging away.

2. Whenever try to be myself and say hi and the other persons happens to have a fit by condescending you for not saying their nick name properly and then go, "I don't want to talk to you thank you." People like that make me mad

3. People who appear to be nice one minute until you tell them that you cannot agree with something that they do and so you get the silent treatment and a hostile attitude

4. The person who you are talking with asks you something and you try to answer and they keep on hitting you with "No, that's not my question." This is no matter how many times you try to answer them.

So what are your's?

dinetahrisingsun
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Apr 2013, 12:02 am

Ok, here are a few of mine:
1) Wet socks or dirt on the floor left by someone that makes my feet/socks dirty
2) people always asking me why am i shy, tense, stiff, upset when I'm Not.. or getting upset because i don't smile or forget a face... I'm an introverted rightbrained aspie, i am not shy or tense or upset.

3) i do a non verbal gesture wrong and get accused of being angry or arrogant... which Makes me angry!
4) I need alone time and going into shut down mode and someone keeps picking at me until i have a meltdown... and jerks who try to make me meltdown for entertainment
5) Someone acts irritated with me but when i ask what's going on they say "nothing" and carry on acting irritated by my very presence

6) people getting offended because i don't smoke marijuana

Ashuahhe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 2:43 am

Here's mine:

1) people being late
2) being lectured or talked down to
3) invading my personal space

alakazaam
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Apr 2013, 12:08 pm

People with dirty fingernails and dirty socks is my biggest.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 1:55 pm

1. People who keep asking me "what's wrong?" even though nothing is wrong with me.
2. Receiving negative criticism.
3. People who talk behind my back.
4. People who correct me, even though I'm right.
5. People who apologize and not be sincere about it.
6. Unwanted physical contact.
7. My alone time is interrupted for no reason.

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 2:14 pm

People who skip meals & act like I should as well & I am hungry.
People who tailgate me when I'm driving.
People who are supposedly adults & professional who act like they are in junior high.
People who are 8 feet tall & insist on sitting in front of me at the movies.

Vertex
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Apr 2013, 5:16 pm

Anyone who tries to tell me how I'm supposed to feel about something.

Madeline
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Apr 2013, 6:17 pm

1. People who are late to appointments and don't even bother to send a text.
a. When the person beside me on an airplane puts their feet up on the bulkhead.
b. When the person beside me on an airplane takes their shoes off and crosses their legs so their bare feet are facing me.
3. People who insert random political remarks in an otherwise non-political conversation.
4. Sitting across from someone who is chewing with their mouth open so I have a choice at looking at their unappetizing half-chewed food or staring at my plate the entire time.
5. People who suggest you give them expensive or time consuming gifts for their birthdays, Christmas, etc. Also, people who have destination weddings and expect their guests to attend at great expense.

I could go on but I'll stop myself. :wink:

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 7:47 pm

One of you mentioned about other people being late to something. It used to bother me but not anymore as I know things can happen. I also used to have a problem when my friends would come over late and then leave early.

Others:
1. People who say that they are going to show up and do not (They seemed to forget all about the event even though they promised others that they were going the day before. Then you have certain types of people who said they were coming and never show up and could not call- "I was going to come but my knees were hurting. I also could not call you and so I went to the doctor and left my phone in the car and it was dead.)

2. People who invite you to do something and then withdraw it from you at the last minute due to some silly reason from other people at the party. (That is just so hurtful and inconsiderate)
3. People ask you to do something with them that they had no business asking you in the first place because they were saying something that felt good at the time but not really meaning it.
4. Being blocked on Facebook for not apparent reason.

SPtread
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Apr 2013, 7:58 pm

Holding the door open for someone and having that person not acknowledge you/thank you.

People talking way louder than the situation calls for.

People in the grocery store leaving their carts in the middle of the aisle or standing in the middle of the aisle.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 8:04 pm

1. People who keep trying to convince me to do something long after I've already agreed to do it.

2. People who posit an "unknown" physical principle that requires an "unknown" force or energy source, declare it to be real, and then attack me for asking for a demonstration.

3. People who blame others (especially me) for their own screw-ups.

4. People who think there is nothing wrong with pedophilia, rape, violence against NTs, or putting ketchup in their coffee.

5. Drunks.

6. Smokers.

7. People who chew with their mouths open.

8. People who fart and don't claim it.

9. The people who are standing in the way of a Stargate-SG1 revival.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 9:36 pm

I will have to agree that blaming others for their problems rather than being responsible is a huge one of mine as well. I have known several people like that.

Anyway back to petpeeves

1. When one gets rejected after making a huge mistake because the other person thinks that you will be bad for their personal records or assume that you are a bad influence

2. Certain situations where one happens to say something that is not fitting to the social expectations of a certain setting based on social class. So another person in the conversation decides to rip into the person who made one mistake by making a big deal about it.

3. People sneaking situations up on your or not communicating

4. Contacting someone and they keep blowing me off with "Can you call me in the next 5 minutes? I am busy right now."

5. Not being told by certain people about something big and important until after the fact and months later. (Death of their family member)

6. Writing a letter to someone and they happen to claim that they found the letter several months to a year later and blow up at you.

Last edited by Summer_Twilight on 29 Apr 2013, 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mitrovah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Apr 2013, 10:43 pm

1. unreflective people who are idiots
2.smokers
3. drunks.. although they can be a bit of fun to watch
4. People who are no better a human being than me but get everything
5. University of iowa students, I swear almost each and everyone of the is completely lame in the head. noone knows anything during class and yet somehow they get along socially with the teacher. i get so frustrated that the teachers give these students license to be idiots.
6. when I get critized for how i dress or grow my facial hair by my family when i see people who dress and behave less appropriately than me manage to get the kind of jobs i want... sitting at a library or working at coop or in general being extremely popular and have friends across the spectrum

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2013, 12:04 pm

1. Ageism
2. Situations where one completely turns off based on finding out that you are different
3. Doing my part to go out of my way to be cordial to someone who you had recently been conflicting with. So they act like you are dead to them and either ignore you the entire time and move as far away from you that they can.
4. Attempting to talk to someone and they automatically blurt out, "Don't talk to me thank you!" This is rather than saying, "I am not in a talking mood at this time. Could we catch up later?"
5. People who dump you because they find a special someone or someone who fits their needs while completely ignoring you.

PsychoSarah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2013, 12:07 pm

Singing along with the radio. YOU ARE NOT LADY GAGA, DO NOT SING WHEN SHE IS!

ASDsmom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2013, 6:43 pm

1) Being interrupted (it loses my train of thought) + (it's rude)
2) People who state an assumption as a FACT and then gossip about it
3) Labels (for example: "Autistic" .. can we pls consider the person first??)
4) Lousy bus etiquettes (When the bus driver says, "Move to the back".. f*****g move!)