Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2007, 10:50 am

I do this alot. It usually has an adverse effect. Some times I do it when I am trying to figure something out. Like social situations.

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2007, 12:28 pm

I should just say 'Meditation' which will help clean out some thoughts, gain some control, gain some focus but it takes time, effort, and people want results NOW!

I dont have a lot of recurring thoughts. For instance, I broke some guitar strings because I had never put them on before. I must go buy some more. This is huge because I do nothing all day and this breaks my routine. Is the thought on my mind? You bet, I'd forget if it was completely off of it - but is it reoccuring? Not really... Reason being is I can do nothing until I'm off of work so why think/worry about it?

I used to think about a friend I had. She was on my mind a lot. Used to bring me down because of what had happened. She has been off my mind, for the most part, for a month, and to tell you the truth, there isn't much more left that could relax me more then this. She did something that made me just click and think 'ok, that was a waste' and the thought is removed. I've been able to do this more and more lately.

T-rav20
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2007, 4:10 pm

Yes this happens to me often, my thoughts start running an infinity loop in my head and I just can't get them to stop. The most effective way for me to stop doing this is to start walking, if I can. It's very hard for me to think while walking.

The following statement is True, the preceding statement was False.

I'm A PINEY from my head down to my HINEY.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2007, 9:55 pm

I too, think about what I need to do during the day. I make mental lists to myself.

Aardvark
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Jan 2007, 9:56 am

What i mean are just thoughts about things that upset me that keep coming back in an OCD like fashion. my ability to enjoy life is compromised. is there anyone who has that?

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2007, 11:52 am

Aardvark wrote:
What i mean are just thoughts about things that upset me that keep coming back in an OCD like fashion. my ability to enjoy life is compromised. is there anyone who has that?

I have one right now. I woke up with, it kept trying to enter me but i fought it out.. right now, my mind is clear (I just did a bunch of work)

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

16 Jan 2007, 1:01 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Is it anything like my descrition earlier?

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

spirited
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jan 2007, 2:12 pm

Prescott wrote:
If find that the phrase "I have to get ___ done today" or "What do I have to do?" pops into my head far too often. In the shower. On the way to work. At my desk. On the way home from work, etc. It's usually followed by: "And then I have to do this. And then this too. " And then I spend more time than I should sorting out how I'm going to accomplish those things. This will happen even after I'm perfectly clear on what I have to do and how I'm going to do it. It can be annoying.

I do this too, alot. in the car, driving, wishing I had a piece of paper to write on, when I park, i forget what I had to do. It drives me nuts. I also repeatedly say the same word out loud, randomly, when I get stressed, or for no reason at all. That only drives me nuts when someone is nearby, and looks at me, or if they ask me why that word, or what I mean. I have been just saying that I am obsessive-compulsive, but man, it really sucks.

spirited
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jan 2007, 2:17 pm

Also, when stressed, mostly, I say a friends name out loud. The person isn't around, so saying the name out loud is a very weird thing to do, no one else has the same name, and I always get the- who's that- look, or why do you say that all the time. I think it is a comfort thing, but God, I wish it would stop.