Do any aspie gals here ENJOY dressing up/makeup?

Page 5 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reversedragon
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Oct 2013, 6:54 pm

I occasionally wear make up for plays, and I actually find it fun and refreshing.

dobyfm
Toucan
Toucan

31 Oct 2013, 6:45 am

I do! I used to not enjoy dressing up, but eventually I started to. I like to wear skirts over pants. I can't stand wearing pants. Now when it comes to makeup I'm way too lazy to put it on. To me it would take too much of my morning time. I'm perfectly okay with picking out a pretty blouse and skirt from my closet, putting on tights, and a pair of nice shoes. I love wearing skirts so much! :heart:

MusicalWonders
Raven
Raven

01 Nov 2013, 2:00 am

I like to dress up and wear make up.

Pynasta
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Nov 2013, 4:44 pm

I used to hate it, but recently I've come to love it.

Hair and clothes, that is. I never got makeup, difficult to apply, and bad for the skin. :?

enjoythesilence
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Nov 2013, 3:20 pm

I usually don't. I wear only a little bit of natural makeup on a daily basis. When I do get more dressed up it's usually to go to the symphony or a special dinner with my Son.

If I do wear more makeup or have fun dressing up, ironically it's when I'm at home and I'm happy or listening to music... then I wash it all off and it's back to normal.

I went through a phase when I was in a bad relationship where my boyfriend expected me to wear dresses and makeup and heels, and it was very stressful for me. I felt like an alien. I didn't enjoy it, mainly because I knew it wasn't what I wanted, or felt comfortable dressed in.

For Halloween though, that's fun. I like to dress up for Halloween. I am the only adult in the neighborhood that does it though!

LucySnowe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Nov 2013, 6:32 pm

I enjoy dressing up, but I've never been able to figure out how to do makeup properly.

Mackica
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 4:47 pm

I love both.I have always enjoyed experimenting with styles and colors. :D

ghosting
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Nov 2013, 10:27 am

I've always enjoyed playing dress-up, but it's only that. I like wearing nice dresses or wearing make-up for special occasions, but only if it's for less than a few hours. Even though it's fun for a little bit, it doesn't feel natural.

ithraen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Nov 2013, 10:02 am

i enjoy getting dressed up... hate going out.. hate wearing a lot of make-up. its all kinda pointless when you look at it in the balance, cant go out to eat due to gastrointestinal issues... and dance clubs are a nightmare to say the least =p

bearsandsyrup
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Nov 2013, 1:24 pm

I don't really enjoy the actual process of primping-- honestly, it's boring and kind of feels like mindless repetition for me. But I do enjoy feeling pretty and polished. I like knowing that I look pretty and that when people look at me, they see an attractive woman rather than a thrown-together ragamuffin :lol: So I don't enjoy the process, but I do enjoy the product.

ithraen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Nov 2013, 10:32 am

bearsandsyrup wrote:
I don't really enjoy the actual process of primping-- honestly, it's boring and kind of feels like mindless repetition for me. But I do enjoy feeling pretty and polished. I like knowing that I look pretty and that when people look at me, they see an attractive woman rather than a thrown-together ragamuffin :lol: So I don't enjoy the process, but I do enjoy the product.

^this

HurricaneRae
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Nov 2013, 3:36 am

On a day-to-day basis, I dislike it and find it stressful and a waste of time.

But for costuming or a special occasion, I love going all-out, even over-the-top.

I hate doing my hair though. I just primp up my natural curls.

ithraen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Dec 2013, 11:41 am

HurricaneRae wrote:
On a day-to-day basis, I dislike it and find it stressful and a waste of time.

But for costuming or a special occasion, I love going all-out, even over-the-top.

I hate doing my hair though. I just primp up my natural curls.

i hate my curls, it's a constant battle to keep them from snarling and i've trouble keeping up on self maintenance if i get down or any of that. staightening my hair just takes to long though...

any suggestions?

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 12:03 pm

^chemical straightening, maybe?

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 12:14 pm

I'm surprised I've never replied to this.

I love dressing up and having my own "fashion show" every now and again by trying on all the clothes in my wardrobe.

I never wear make-up. I don't need it, and when I did try it on (years ago) it felt like I wasn't showing who I was, and I really didn't like it. Not in the case of morals, but I didn't like having a different face, even though it was only a touch of foundation and mascara.

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 12:46 pm

smudge wrote:
I love dressing up and having my own "fashion show" every now and again by trying on all the clothes in my wardrobe.

Me too! :3 Sometimes my sister and and I have a "fashion shoot" too.