Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

purplefeet
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Apr 2013, 6:37 am

Hello

I am a 32 year old female in the UK and I think I may have/be/ aspergers. My son (who is 9) was diagnosed with ASD when he was 5. I have been paying privately for counselling for almost a year for myself as I have many relationship issues (romantic and otherwise).

My romantic relationship has settled down a lot and I think that through counselling that I have realised that I do not have to have a relationship in the way that other people expect - it is ok for us to do it our way. We have a routine where I see him 2-3 times per week, meeting at the same time and always at my house. It sounds like I am a control freak but I used to go insane when I didn't know when we were meeting - it was like I was never going to see him again. He is very understanding of my ways and I think actually likes most of them.

I have just left my job due to the lack of structure, clear rules and a colleague who was just too loud and invasive for me. After staff meetings I always went home crying as she would create so many conflicts within the team and honestly, it felt like she shouted all the time. I just couldn't deal with it. (She also picked her nails all the time, making a click click click sound, and touched me constantly when she was talking to me - I hated it!). So here I am, unemployed again and unable to see if I will ever be able to manage a career. I never seem to really get on with my colleagues, even if we can chat I can't seem to get the collaborative mentality and have often been excluded from social events over the years.

I have friends and always have had friends, however I have the sort of friends who go out without inviting me claiming I wouldn't have gone or enjoyed myself anyway. I always feel like I am ok for staying in with but I must be embarrassing or something when we go out as it is very rare.

Today I had a success though, I had to phone a plumber and arrange him to unblock my drain. These are scary things but I did it. I know it's small and at my age I should be able to just do this stuff but I can't and I think I am starting to come to terms with why that might be.

So I hope no-one minds me hanging out on WP. I have been reading the forums on and off for some time but I think I am ready to actually post something. Sorry it's so long.

PF

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2013, 6:57 am

Welcome!

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2013, 8:18 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

Verinda
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Apr 2013, 2:29 pm

Hello, welcome to the forum :) I hope you make friends here.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2013, 2:36 pm

Greetings! :D

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2013, 3:33 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

purplefeet