Do you mirror what you hear in music?
Yes 94%  94%  [ 17 ]
No 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 18

theshawngorton
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 May 2013, 7:04 am

I was listening to a song today, and I realized I repeated it word for word. I find it fun, but embarrassing at the same time.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 7:43 am

It takes me some time to get used to a song and start repeating it. Once it's in my head I tend to repeat it in my head if other people are around, but if I'm by myself, I might actually repeat aloud. I try to avoid doing embarrassing things in front of people.

Yngway
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 May 2013, 9:39 am

Yes, but mostly sounds, not lyrics.

nebrets
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 1:54 pm

I find myself repeating the melody over and over of whatever I just listened to.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 1:59 pm

Parts of melodies, rarely words. Today A Saucerful Of Secrets is looping in my mind.

KF2M
Raven
Raven

01 May 2013, 6:08 pm

OJani wrote:
Parts of melodies, rarely words. Today A Saucerful Of Secrets is looping in my mind.

Good choice though. Radio KAOS for me. In particular "Sunset Strip".

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 7:00 pm

People are strange when you're a stranger, women seem wicked-when you're unwanted, streets are uneven..
Oh, yes, all the time.
Sounds & lyrics as well..

Sincerely,
Matthew

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 11:14 pm

I used to answer my mother's demands with strongly worded lyrics I'd hear on a record, caused a bit of friction. These days I'm more forgetful of lyrics, even from songs I've heard 100s of times but melodies are hard to shake

Soham
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 May 2013, 12:23 am

OJani wrote:

That's how it is for me as well. Not only do I rarely listen to music with lyrics, but I have great difficulty separating the lyrics from the music and actually hearing the words.

Certain melodies and rhythms will repeat in my head after listening to a song though, as far back as I can remember this has happened.

I'm sure this happens to everyone though.

Forbidden_Donut
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 May 2013, 12:43 am

KF2M wrote:
OJani wrote:

Good choice though. Radio KAOS for me. In particular "Sunset Strip".

Woohoo! Pink Floyd tri-fecta! No sooner did I pull in to a parking spot at my psychologist's new office, that Brain Damage/Eclipse started up on the radio.

I was NOT getting out of that car 'til I sang along to the whole thing! 8)

And I will do both, repeat songs and/or melodies, quite a bit

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2013, 12:43 am

Soham wrote:
OJani wrote:

That's how it is for me as well. Not only do I rarely listen to music with lyrics, but I have great difficulty separating the lyrics from the music and actually hearing the words.

Certain melodies and rhythms will repeat in my head after listening to a song though, as far back as I can remember this has happened.

I'm sure this happens to everyone though.

I like music with lyrics however I think I have the same issue is you with seperating the words out requireing the lyric sheet to understand what I am suppost to be hearing, often I just end up likeing a song or its sound and a few choris lines that spoke to me, I have for years complained the singing is too hard to understand while everyone I say this to denys my claim. I can't even repeat a song to others without leaveing the space and time for the instermental breaks and playing them in my head or else I get lost. I wonder why this is?