Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

PsychoSarah
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 2:59 pm

All you people who read what I say, but never respond, do so now. Reveal yourself!

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 3:16 pm

Quote:
Patrus stopped.
James took a few more steps before he realized the magician wasn't with him and turned to find him staring off into the bushes with a comical, questioning look.

"Somethin' ain't right about things here..." Patrus said, turning in a slow circle. "Ain't what they appears to be at all. An if'n a thing ain't what it looks like, that means it's wearin' some kind o' mask."

"What are you babbling on about?" Locklear asked.

"The invisible magicians, you donkey!" Patrus shot back. Almost imperceptibly, his mouth began to move. Silently forming words long forgotten, his lips began to move faster, in sync with a secret accelerating rhythm only he could know. Then he gave voice to the words and they tumbled from his throat, louder and louder until he was nearly shouting.

James saw a strange shimmering in the air. He turned to look and before his amazed eyes saw a huddled pack of moredhel spellcasters!

https://notendur.hi.is/eybjorn/krondor/chapter5.html

PsychoSarah
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 3:21 pm

What is that all about?

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 3:26 pm

About invisible lurkers, of course.

PsychoSarah
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 3:27 pm

Does that make you one?

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 4:16 pm

Why would it?

Andras
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 4:24 pm

You're a bit too late for me. Used to lurk here for years but started posting exactly a month ago. :P

b00ts
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 May 2013, 7:41 pm

I don't know if I'm considered a lurker? I haven't posted a lot... I read some topics without replying lol

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 8:00 pm

no b00ts, we all read topics without replying from time to time. In forum lingo a "Lurker" is a person who rarely, if ever, posts at all. They'll read hundreds of topics and not reply to any of them. Sometimes they don't even have a forum account, and yet will return to the forum time and again and read other people's posts. Other times they make an account and make frequent visits, but never reply to any threads. Still other times they do make posts, but a ridiculously small number of posts compared to the number of threads they read and the amount of time they spend on the forum. like one out of a hundred or some other ridiculously large disparity.

Spiderpig, why didn't the invisible magicians attack when Patrus reveled he knew they were there? They still could have taken James by surprise. Doesn't make since to just sit there and wait for Patrus to dispel their magic.

Or were the magicians not hostile?

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 8:01 pm

I REALLY need to quit freaking out when my internet lags.

Last edited by Tensu on 01 May 2013, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 8:03 pm

I mean a triple post? Note to self: quit hitting
"back" and/or "refresh", just let the page load!

MoonGateClimber
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 May 2013, 8:28 pm

Here on WP, there is the fact that some people may get what they need from these forums simply by reading more than by actively participating in generating its content. I’m not sure I would categorize them as lurkers.

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 8:30 pm

"Lurker" isn't derogatory.

Popsicle
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 8:30 pm

Hi lurkers!

I lurk sometimes but not here really. But I understand it. There are a lot of reasons for it. It is OK with me.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 9:13 pm

Tensu wrote:
Spiderpig, why didn't the invisible magicians attack when Patrus reveled he knew they were there? They still could have taken James by surprise. Doesn't make since to just sit there and wait for Patrus to dispel their magic.

Or were the magicians not hostile?

You’d have to ask the developers for that. Anyway, that was pretty much the toughest combat in the whole game. Give the enemies any extra advantage and it’d become unbeatable. Besides, sometimes they did attack before you had a chance to move your first character, so I guess that could be interpreted as them taking advantage of James’ befuddlement and Patrus being still busy with the incantation.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2013, 10:31 am

Hi, I read you topice but I can't think of anything intelligent to contribute to the conversation. Bye.