Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Bazinga4
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 May 2013, 9:49 am

Well in school I had a really good friend but the last time we met was January last year.We have texted and stuff like that but I'm just getting the vibe that are friendship is over but I don't know what I have done wrong.I don't think I have done anything wrong though,I sent her a message earlier to say is everything ok wit us but I am worried about the response.What should I do? Its really affecting me.Its seems like I am making the effort in the friendship she isn't trying at all.Is it time to move on or just wait and see how things go? Having friends can b so stressful at times!!

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 10:43 am

Could you be a litte bit more specific about your situation? What are some things that you are noticing?

b9
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 10:58 am

who cares?

b9
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 11:05 am

Last edited by b9 on 05 May 2013, 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bazinga4

05 May 2013, 11:40 am

I care.I really want to b friends wit her still.When I ask her to meet up for a coffee or go to the cinema she never responds.I just feel like she is not making an effort.Things have changed since leaving school and going to college but the strange thing is I am still in contact wit others from school.Maybe it's time to move on cos it looks like she doesn't give a crap.I know I haven't done anything wrong.I think the main reason why we r drifting is cos of her boyfriend who she is obsessed wit and I think she is pushing her friends away.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 12:08 pm

nothing really matters...anyway.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 12:15 pm

That happens a lot when you move on with your own life after a time.

In her case, it sounds like she is one of those people who will drop all of her friends for that special someone. You also have grown apart because you both have your own lives and have new people and earned new friends.

I have had that happen in my case a few times. In fact, my other friends and I are going through this situation with what we thought was a friend. Like your situation, he is suddenly ignoring us for his special lady that he has been wanting for a long time.

Anyway, what I had started doing is picking up on certain cues while associating with the person at the time and then reflect back on those. (Body language, facial expressions, things that are said and how they are said, how they treat your other friends and other people)

b9
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 12:16 pm

except for tammy. she matters.

3r1c
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 May 2013, 6:52 pm

I've run into a similar situation. I used to hang out with a classmate and his group of friends, but I realized that they were excluding me. At one point the majority of the group took off to his vacation house without me, he mentioned that he was visiting with a friend from back home, but the Facebook pictures told a different story. I'de had the feeling that the friendship was dying beforehand, but I tried to hard to keep it going. I wished that I had saved myself the trouble and ended it sooner because it would have saved me a lot of stress.

We all deserver respect. If you have a feeling that someone is excluding you go with it and move on, because that person is not willing to tolerate who you are.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 10:54 pm

I have been in a situation like that while I was in high school and this was way before fb. I did not want to admit that some peers of mine were not interested in me and I took tried to make things work.

In their case, they ran off as a group with out me and bragged about their gathering to me after they happened.