Something kinda weird happened today.....

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2013, 7:03 pm

I was at work today......

.....wait, I'm gonna have to rewind to last year. So I made a thread last year that was called something like "Does this girl like me?" and actually, after making that thread, I started to like the girl I was talking about in it.

Today she was at work. But that's not the only interesting part.

I went outside for break, and my co-worker comes up. The girl's car was sitting in a parking space near where I was. I (jokingly) said to my co-worker that we should TP her car. :lol: Now, of course, I'd never do this in a million years. He starts laughing and then says "oh-ho-ho, dude, not cool!" to which I reply that I was just joking, and then he says.....

"[girl's name], she looooves you! I don't think she would like it if you actually did TP her car!"

Now, this particular co-worker I am actually friends with. He's not the type of guy to say something like this teasingly. So I have to wonder what he meant by this exactly. I didn't get a chance to ask because he basically left right after that. But it was certainly an interesting thing that he said. He doesn't really know that I have a crush on this girl either. Only one person besides me knows, and she's not the type to let secrets out. So now I'm basically sitting here wondering what exactly is going on.....

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2013, 7:24 pm

if your employer allows co-workers to date, ask her to go for coffee. see how it goes and take it from there.

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2013, 9:24 pm

I don't understand what is meant by to "TP a car".

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2013, 9:29 pm

I think "TP" is toilet paper. They plan to wrap her car in toilet paper. Juvenile college prank often seen on Halloween.

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2013, 9:33 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
I think "TP" is toilet paper. They plan to wrap her car in toilet paper. Juvenile college prank often seen on Halloween.

Oh, ok. 8O Thanks!

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 6:29 am

redrobin62 wrote:

Exactly it. The reaction my co-worker had to this was kinda telling, to say the least.

He'll be at work today so I'll get to ask him what he meant yesterday by this girl "loving" me.

Moridin8
Raven
Raven

05 May 2013, 8:15 am

cathylynn wrote:
if your employer allows co-workers to date, ask her to go for coffee. see how it goes and take it from there.

agreed.

...And which employer doesn't allow co-workers to date? can they legally do that? (disclaimer, I am discussing commercial organisations only...)

Autistic/BAP : 118 aloof, 90 rigid and 83 pragmatic
EQSQ: 16/87 Extreme Systemizing

Popsicle
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 9:22 am

What is your workplace's policy about employees dating each other?

"Oh she loooves you" could mean just the opposite, in NT speak.

I wouldn't make any moves based upon this one incident.

alakazaam
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 May 2013, 12:16 pm

I think she likes you because you have suspicions that she does and he must of said that because she talks about you a lot to other co-workers.

Advice: Ask her out now before it's too late. It doesn't hurt and if she rejects you, then at least you tried.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 1:53 pm

If this was me, I would have already asked her out. But then again, I won't have many co-workers anytime soon.

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 5:42 pm

It turns out that it was a false alarm like I thought.

I asked him and he said "well I see you two talking to each other all the time" (we don't talk much really because of where we work) and then said something like "I figured maybe you two were best friends, I wasn't sure if she liked you that way or not."

And to make matters worse, she acted today like I wasn't even there.

So yeah, this is a no-go. I could ask her out, but if I got rejected and word got around, my reputation would probably go down the shitter. Not that I have a good rep anyway, but she has a couple friends who outright despise me, so rumors would be spread. These friends don't know that I like her, and they basically think I'm completely repulsive. And even if I did say something and she said yes, the same thing would happen. It'd be ruined by co-workers telling lies and such.

Ah well.