Best ADD/ADHD Medication (PLEASE HELP ME!)

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

techtalknow
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 May 2013, 11:47 am

Hi everyone. I had a question for the WrongPlanet community, so here goes. My friend just started taking Adderall 10MG, but apparently it isn't doing much good for him. What is the best ADD/ADHD medication that you take/know of? I'm kind of looking for a comparison of Focalin/Adderall/Concerta and any other medication that you could think of. Bear in mind that the mentioned friend is around 7 or 8 years old...

Kaelynn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 May 2013, 11:55 am

I'm 16 and I take 15MG of focalin every day. I don't feel a difference. I am a little better at remembering things but that's it. I get jittery twice a day when I take it. It's hard to explain. It's not a hunger thing, it's just a hyper jittery feeling. I don't know that it is the "best" ADHD med out there but the side effects aren't too bad. Just not eating and feeling jittery a lot.

techtalknow
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 May 2013, 11:59 am

I am the same way, but I've gotten used to it. If I miss a dose of Focalin XR, i will occasionally get jittery when i take my next scheduled dose. The whole "hunger" thing doesn't apply to me....AT ALL. Guess what I say after I've eaten a full Thanksgiving dinner? "I'm so hungry, I could eat a cow. Fork optional."

techtalknow

oceandrop
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 May 2013, 1:09 pm

Adderall 10mg instant release is good for about 4 hours in adults. When you say it "isn't doing much good for him" what do you mean exactly?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 6:27 pm

Jeesuz Keerist!

A thirteen year old is asking for advice on how to be a pharmacist for an 8 year old!?!?!?!?!

WTF?

You think that you can do better than your friends parents and doctor at perscribing him medicine?

Who gave you the authority to manage your friend's heathcare?