Products & services you personally hate and blacklist...

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 2:57 pm

Personally I think anything by Dyson is a piece of s**t.

What about you?

MoonGateClimber
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 May 2013, 3:00 pm

Verizon Internet. Outages once a month and service techs who reside in India.

ThatRedHairedGrrl
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Walking through a shopping mall listening to Half Japanese on headphones

06 May 2013, 3:43 pm

I've finally, once and for all taken the decision to boycott Starbucks. Partly for their general corporate wh*redom and failure to pay UK taxes, partly for their unnecessary and intrusive calorie labelling, and partly thanks to their CEO's probable involvement on the 'against' side in an ongoing battle to preserve public access and memorials at a significant site in Seattle's musical history. Also, way better coffee is available.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 3:51 pm

AT&T. Personally, I think their bills for phone and Internet service are unreasonably high.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 3:55 pm

Verizon anything--it's a long story. But apparrently "unlimited" doesn't mean the same thing to them as it does to me.

Andras
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 4:44 pm

Ziggo. Ziggo is a dutch internet provider.

One day our internet died. After about 10 calls and 2 weeks later a mechanic shows up to fix it. So we had internet again.... and it died 10 minutes later. After another 5 or so calls and 2 weeks further we had another mechanic. He wasn't able to fix it and called another mechanic. 1 week later the mechanic arrives and fixes it.... and our internet died again after an hour. 10+ calls and another week further the 4th mechanic from Ziggo came and fixed it... and you guessed it, our internet died again after an hour.

So after about 6 - 7 weeks later, 30+ calls and 4 mechanics that tried to fix it we still had no internet. Great company!

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 4:52 pm

Andras wrote:

One day our internet died. After about 10 calls and 2 weeks later a mechanic shows up to fix it. So we had internet again.... and it died 10 minutes later. After another 5 or so calls and 2 weeks further we had another mechanic. He wasn't able to fix it and called another mechanic. 1 week later the mechanic arrives and fixes it.... and our internet died again after an hour. 10+ calls and another week further the 4th mechanic from Ziggo came and fixed it... and you guessed it, our internet died again after an hour.

So after about 6 - 7 weeks later, 30+ calls and 4 mechanics that tried to fix it we still had no internet. Great company!

WTF!! !! !! !! !! !!

Andras
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 4:54 pm

Uprising wrote:
Andras wrote:

WTF!! !! !! !! !! !!
Hey it's like that with most big dutch companies. You make a call and get absolutely nowhere. Don't tell me it's not like this in other countries... is it?

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 4:59 pm

Apple.

I have an i-Pod I got for Christmas a few years ago. I wouldn't purchase their products for myself. I don't like their business practices.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 5:09 pm

Andras wrote:
Uprising wrote:
Andras wrote:

WTF!! !! !! !! !! !!
Hey it's like that with most big dutch companies. You make a call and get absolutely nowhere. Don't tell me it's not like this in other countries... is it?

It's not like that over here (Belgium), at least not that severe.

In Romania for example (from what I've heard from someone who lived over there) the mechanics will be in your house approximately one hour after you called the helpdesk and trust me, that country is corrupt as f**k (according to that person).

Andras
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 5:25 pm

Uprising wrote:
Andras wrote:
Uprising wrote:
Andras wrote:

WTF!! !! !! !! !! !!

It's not like that over here (Belgium), at least not that severe.

In Romania for example (from what I've heard from someone who lived over there) the mechanics will be in your house approximately one hour after you called the helpdesk and trust me, that country is corrupt as f**k (according to that person).
Wow...that is.....what....I honestly thought it was like this in every country. Admittedly, my case is extreme. It is however very common here to make plenty of calls before anything happens. They hire people that know absolutely nothing. They can barely speak dutch in some cases. :?

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 7:17 pm

I've always thought the Netherlands is one of the most sophisticated places where people are competent and efficient etc. That internet horror story completely conflicts with my image of the Netherlands. Even Australia is not that bad.

Well, back to the thread topic. I'm very frustrated with Transperth, which is the public transport system in Perth, WA.

There are many areas that are not covered by their transport system (bus and train).

Their services are very inefficient as well. There was one time I wanted to go to a different location within the same suburb, but the only way to get there was to go all the way to the Perth city and change to another bus that goes to that specific location in the same suburb.

Their trains are very unreliable. Their services often get delayed. Sometimes they simply cancel a service. There have been several times when the train driver forgot to stop at a station. There was a time when whoever was responsible for opening the gate of the train station in the morning slept in and I couldn't get to the platform and missed the train. They also often cancel the train services for the whole weekend for some maintenance or something - it feels like they do that every few weeks. When I complained about the train failing to stop at the station, their attitude was like "too bad, I don't care!".

I have contempt for Transperth. If I had the choice I would never use Transperth, but because I don't drive, I have no choice.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 7:33 pm

Dear jk1, that sounds awful!

I depend on public transportation, and am very much afraid of being stranded somewhere after dark!

Sylkat

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 7:06 am

Uprising wrote:
Personally I think anything by Dyson is a piece of sh**.

What about you?

I have one of their vacuum cleaners and I think it's pretty good.

Are you particular about cleaning appliances? Do you vacuum a lot?

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 7:21 am

Nestle. Yeah, you need to have a list, to memorize all the stuff that belongs to it. The only exception is the catfood part, my old male senior cat is a Mr. Sensible, so I do not want to try to change about his food habbits.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 7:31 am

jk1 wrote:
I've always thought the Netherlands is one of the most sophisticated places where people are competent and efficient etc. That internet horror story completely conflicts with my image of the Netherlands. Even Australia is not that bad.

Well, back to the thread topic. I'm very frustrated with Transperth, which is the public transport system in Perth, WA.

There are many areas that are not covered by their transport system (bus and train).

Their services are very inefficient as well. There was one time I wanted to go to a different location within the same suburb, but the only way to get there was to go all the way to the Perth city and change to another bus that goes to that specific location in the same suburb.

I have contempt for Transperth. If I had the choice I would never use Transperth, but because I don't drive, I have no choice.

That sounds like the busses in my area. I'd love to be able to take the bus to work but it doesn't go anywhere near there. And it's less than 5 miles from where I live, so it's not like it's too far away. I'd walk but there are busy roads with no sidewalks and there's a bit that goes through a rough neighborhood. We don't even have trains.