Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

briankelley
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 6:17 am

Just wondering if anyone else here has a twin. And if he/she is an Asipe or not.
Mine's pretty much NT with maybe a dash of Aspie. He's been married twice, each lasting ten years, but I guess he doesn't have all that many close friends.

CindySara
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 May 2013, 7:06 am

We're 23 year old, identical twin girls. We've always been on the same page as far as the Asperger's goes. It's really hard to be twns with Asperger's because it makes us stand out even mroe as oddballs. Our Asperger's does help us with our special interest, which is writing about classic film. We help each other research and we take turns writing on whatever book we're doing. It must be hard to have a twin who isn't as much an Aspie as you are. We feel like we're the only ones who understand each other. If one of us was more "normal," we'd feel pretty isolated! On the other hand, it might be nice to have a normal sibling who could help us do actiivites that are less eccentric and help us not feel so anxious all the time. We sort of fuel each others' anxieties, sadly. It's nice to meet another twin!

UDG
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 May 2013, 8:02 am

Identical twins are fun. Aspies are fun. Aspie twins..... :D

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 8:47 am

I have a twin brother and he has Aspie written all over him. Some of his traits are even more extreme than mind, especially with social problems. He has a very narrow interest in subjects and objects and have absolutely no empathy for anyone or anything. It doesn't help that he is an alcoholic as many Aspies are. It appears that non of my other brothers and sister has it. However, I suspect that my dad had Aspergers as well because of his social issues and very narrow interests in subjects and objects. Never seen my dad when my mom and dad was married, once kiss her or hug her. He would rather spend time in his basement workshop with his motors. He was also an engineer. My twin brother is a mechanic and worked on everything from lawn mowers to road paving equipment and everything in-between and I'm a professional artist.