Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2007, 5:58 am

karasu wrote:
RedMage wrote:
What is the usual acceptable length for posts?

Dunno. Your posts are so long, that I don't even bother to read 'em. :lol:

DerekD_Goldfish
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jan 2007, 2:39 pm

karasu wrote:
DerekD_Goldfish wrote:

Storing them is quite difficult one day im going to have to get a John Peel esque extemtion to my house for cds/vinal
I love Tom Waits id have his babies if it were phyicly possible
I like a wide range of genres from folk,punk,post-punk,jazz,power pop, post-rock, shoegaze, eletronica
give me some more artists you like and I will give you some recomendations

Ooh! Well, let's see, right now I'm listening to Blackalicious a lot, because they are 10,000 kinds of awesome. Do you have any thoughts on albums by the Roots--I've been meaning to add them but am unsure which would be the best to start with. Sigur Ros is probably my current "favorite" group, and I also like the Flaming Lips, a little of Beck (on occasion), Sufjan Stephens, and the Raveonettes. These are probably the ones I listen to most frequently at this current disc-cycle(that and the inimitable Mr. Waits, o'course) but there are many others, like David Byrne--I got the album by Matisyahu and have thus far been very impressed. I drool over Toots and the Maytals.

Have you heard anything by Joe Strummer? He has an album of Spaghetti-western inspired tunes I've been debating about getting--thoughts on this, if you've heard it? I'm kind of on the fence about it.

If you like Sigur Ross you may like to try other bands on the dreamery side of post rock like Sigur Ros or maybe even some shoegaze albums I would albums I would recomend
My bloddy Valintine-Loveless
The Album leaf-Inot the blue again
Explosions in the sky-How strange innocence
God is an astronaut-all is violent all is bright
Cocteau Twins-Head Over Heals
Jeniferever- Chose a bright morning
and seing as your currently in Japan not getting some Mono would be crimina all their albums are good

as for the Raveonettes they are concidered by many(including me) to be a poor mans Jesus and Mary Chain if you like the Raveonettes you should love The Jesus and Mary Chain. Thier best album is Psychocandy

If you like David Byrne assuming you have checked out his stuff with Talking Heads I would check out the album he recorded with Brian Eno called My life in the bush of ghosts a fantasticly good album
Toots and the Maytals are great put on a good show as well.
Joe Strumrums solo stuff I have a few of his Mescaleros albums some of which are better than others the one he recorded just before his death Streetcore is pretty good.

I better stop before I overload you with stuff
if you have any trouble geting this stuff in Japan give me a shout I'll recomend where you can get them.

also no post would be complete without me mentioning Scott Walker probably my favorite vocalist of all time very interesting
if you like ballady stuff get any of the Scott 1,2,3,4 albums if you want something darker than the pits of hell try either Tilt or The Drift but I warm you not for the faint hearted

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2007, 3:07 pm

karasu wrote:
RedMage wrote:
Welcome! You make long posts.

Thank you! I know my posts are long--sorry. But I promise not to post a lot because I am an undiagnosed anything, so mostly I will be shutting up. It's just that when I having something to say, I want to say all of it..actually I have dialed it back a lot here...-_-

Most lengths are acceptable, but posts are usually longer in the PPR (Politics, Philosophy and Religion) forum than any of the other forums. This is due to people needing to get their thoughts out about a specific subject... or to argue with each other during a heated debate.

Just because you are undiagnosed, this does not mean you have to be quiet. There are many people here who are either NT or unsure and many of them post. Having different opinions is a good thing and it helps people see other perspectives, which can be difficult at times. It is like the Vulcans say: we rejoice in our differences.

karasu
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jan 2007, 3:20 am

RedMage wrote:
karasu wrote:
RedMage wrote:

Dunno. Your posts are so long, that I don't even bother to read 'em. :lol:

It's a sad fact of my existence-I talk a lot. However, I don't expect everyone or even many people to get excited and have an interest in reading an essay-length post--there's always the half-chance one or two people will have the time and interest. No worries, mate.

karasu
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jan 2007, 3:46 am

DerekD_Goldfish wrote:
If you like Sigur Ross you may like to try other bands on the dreamery side of post rock like Sigur Ros or maybe even some shoegaze albums I would albums I would

as for the Raveonettes they are concidered by many(including me) to be a poor mans Jesus and Mary Chain if you like the Raveonettes you should love The Jesus and Mary Chain. Thier best album is Psychocandy

Awesome good stuff here. It's about time for me to get my butt to the store and stock up anyway--I'll look for the Jesus and Mary Chain, and that Byrne and Eno album--I'd considered getting that anyway, so I'll spot for it. Excellent!

But I still like the Raveonettes. ;p I have copied out your list and will carry it with me next time I head into the city or even to Tsutaya--I have to return some DVDs tomorrow, so I'll look for TJAMC, I think. I am excited. New music..Mmmmmm.

karasu
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jan 2007, 3:49 am

Namiko wrote:
Just because you are undiagnosed, this does not mean you have to be quiet. There are many people here who are either NT or unsure and many of them post. Having different opinions is a good thing and it helps people see other perspectives, which can be difficult at times. It is like the Vulcans say: we rejoice in our differences.[/color]

That's nice to hear. However I don't feel comfortable making posts in the "this is my experience of x" vein, since for all I know I could be talking from a wildly different perspective...I'll keep an eye on forums though and I'm pretty comfortable asking questions, so I hope to be able to broaden my own perspective a bit.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2007, 4:33 am

karasu wrote:
It's a sad fact of my existence-I talk a lot. However, I don't expect everyone or even many people to get excited and have an interest in reading an essay-length post--there's always the half-chance one or two people will have the time and interest. No worries, mate.

I talk a lot too. But I don't make long posts unless it's about something I like, such as Metroid. :)